Working with Regulators
We act for regulators in a number of different sectors. These include health, education, accountancy and legal.
For these regulators we offer a bespoke service tailored to their particular needs. Our areas of expertise include:
- Investigations – we work with some of the UK's leading regulators to lead and manage investigations regarding alleged misconduct, lack of competence and health-related matters. This includes cases with multiple registrants, allegations spanning over a number of years and dealing with sensitive and vulnerable witnesses.
- Tribunal advocacy – our clients benefit from specialist advocacy from our in-house barristers and solicitors before interim orders committees, professional conduct committees, competence committees, fitness to practise panels, registration appeals panels and other tribunals. Our regulatory barristers and solicitors appear weekly before various regulatory tribunals.
- Appeals and judicial reviews – we provide support and representation in appeals to internal review panels, first tier tribunals and the High Court.
- Statutory frameworks, drafting and governance – specialist advice in drafting Codes of Conduct, protocols, indicative sanctions guidance, disciplinary rules, primary and secondary legislation and standard operating procedures..
- Legal Advisers to Statutory Committees – our team regularly act as Legal Adviser to Fitness to Practise Panels and Conduct and Competence Committees.
- Training – we provide bespoke training to in-house teams and Committee and panel members on areas including case law updates, structured decision-making and drafting of reasons for decisions.
- Auditing serious incident reviews – conducting reviews of decisions of Investigating Committees, Case Examiners and Fitness to Practise Panels and leading on serious incident reviews.
- Information Law advice – we provide guidance on matters relating to the Data Protection Act, Freedom of Information Act, GDPR and confidentiality issues generally.
Some of the professional regulators with whom we work
|Architects Registration Board||General Osteopathic Council|
|Association of Accounting Technicians||General Pharmaceutical Council|
|Association of Chartered Certified Accountants||Institution of Mechanical Engineers|
|Bar Standards Board||
National Counselling Society
|Care Council for Wales||NHS England|
|Chartered Institute of Public Finance Accountants||Nursing and Midwifery Council|
Council for Licensed Conveyancers
Royal Institute of British Architects
|Education Workforce Council||Solicitors Regulation Authority|
|General Dental Council||
Teaching Regulation Agency
|General Optical Council||