Working not just nationally, but internationally from our offices in London and across the UK, Blake Morgan's energy team have a wealth of experience in assisting clients with cross border energy transactions, real estate, planning employment and regulatory issues.
Our services for the energy industry include:
- Energy projects and contracts, including oil & gas and electric power
- Dispute resolution, including international arbitration
- Corporate and equity funding
- Finance and debt funding
- Construction, engineering and procurement
- Planning and environmental
- Employment, immigration and employee mobility
- Critical incident response, including health & safety
- Regulatory risk, compliance and investigations
- Technology and intellectual property
We provide specialist advice to a range of clients in the energy sector, including:
- Power developers (both for conventional thermal plants and renewable power projects)
- Institutional investors
- Independent oil companies (IOCs)
- Governmental agencies and national oil companies (NOCs)
- Contractors and equipment suppliers
- Drilling companies and suppliers of well services
- Operators of pipelines, processing, storage and terminal facilities, and other energy infrastructure
- Other providers of services, technology and data
- Energy offtakers and users
Examples of the ways in which we have advised our energy clients include:
- Advising on the Uskmouth Power Station: 850MW CCGT power station development - Development of a major new gas fired power station, including appointment of consulting engineers, procurement, land acquisition, ash disposal, Electricity Act section 36 application, terms for appointment of EPC and LTSA contractor, gas and electricity connections.
- Advising on the London Energy Efficiency Fund ("LEEF") and Scottish Partnership for Regeneration in Urban Centres (“SPRUCE”): These are JESSICA funds which invest in infrastructure projects involving energy efficiency. We have advised both funds on state aid and ERDF compliance issues relating both to individual projects and to the funds themselves.
- Advising Tidal Lagoon Power on land ownership and property matters related to their planned £1.3BN pathfinder Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon project.
- Advising a UK bank on a £5.23M loan to refinance expenditure incurred in the construction of 4 wind turbines.
- Advising a government backed SME loan fund on development of fund and investment documentation for community renewable energy projects including developing a set of flexible lending templates for use by the fund in lending to renewable energy projects. These addressed construction and technical issues as well as payment and hypothecation of energy incentive payments.
- Advising Cube Housing Association on its £5M investment in a district heating network for multi-storey stock at two of its estates.
- Advising the London Borough of Enfield on their £6 Million investment in the Lee Valley Heating Network.
- Advising on the design and installation of c1.2MW of solar photovoltaic systems across 43 housing stock sites owned by the London Borough of Greenwich
- London Borough of Hackney: £4.6M investment in a communal heating upgrade for ten blocks of social housing within the Borough.
- St George’s Healthcare NHS Trust £13M investment to support the Trust’s 15-year Energy Performance Contract with British Gas.