Charlotte is an Associate in our Construction Department specialising in non-contentious construction work.
Main area of practice
Charlotte advises on the preparation and negotiation of pre-construction service agreements, letters of intent, building contracts, sub-contracts, consultant appointments, novation agreements, collateral warranties and other security documentation such as parent company guarantees and performance bonds. Charlotte also prepares due diligence reports to funders on construction documentation.
Charlotte acts for a range of both private and public sector clients; including developers, contractors, consultants and funders on a diverse range of developments and for both high and low value transactions.
- Preparing a suite of construction documents for a private developer on a major regeneration project, consisting of premium quality residential apartments and houses, associated infrastructure works and an Olympic standard ice arena
- Advising an international developer and preparing a suite of standard form construction documents including a JCT Design and Build 2011 building contract with tailored amendments, appointments, novation agreements, collateral warranties, performance bond and parent company guarantee for the construction of a luxury retirement community project
- Negotiating and drafting a suite of construction documentation for the development of a hotel and advising on the forward sale of the development
- Preparing detailed due diligence reports for two high street banks on a range of construction documents and developments
- Advising and preparing a suite of construction documents for a private developer on the construction of a new purpose built college campus
- Preparing a suite of bespoke building contracts and associated documentation to meet a private developer’s requirements for an affordable housing scheme and preparing templates for use on future construction projects