James is an Associate in the corporate team at Blake Morgan, primarily based in Cardiff working nationally to support our business group.
Main areas of practice
James deals with a broad range of corporate matters, including acquisitions, disposals, investments, shareholder and joint venture agreements and restructuring together with general corporate matters for a wide variety of clients including international companies, venture-capital backed management teams, PLC’s, SME’s and owner-managed businesses.
James acts for a significant breadth of clients from large international clients through to owner-managed businesses, banks, institutional clients and private equity investors.
- Corporate & Commercial
- Mergers, Acquisitions & Disposals
- Private Equity
- Reorganisations, Restructurings & Demergers
James qualified with the firm in 2020 having spent four years as a paralegal with the firm.
- Assisted in acting on behalf of the shareholders in the sale of a regionally based company supplying fire, HVAC and security equipment to buildings. The buyer was an American multinational corporation.
- Assisted in acting on behalf of the shareholders in the sale of a world leading maker of calorimetry instruments in the scientific instrument sector.
- Assisted in acting on behalf of the buyer in an acquisition of an engineering firm based in South Wales.
- Assisted in acting on behalf of a national telephonic company in their acquisition of a supplier.
- Assisted in acting on behalf of the management team of a luxury travel brand taking on private-equity investment.
- Assisted in acting on behalf of the management team of a software developer taking on private-equity investment.
- Assisted in acting on behalf of a company seeking investment through crowdfunding, which oversubscribed by three times its initial target.
- Assisted in acting on behalf of an investor making a minority equity investment into a fintech start-up.
James has a background working in restructuring and insolvency having worked in this sector for two years pre-qualification.
James is a keen sportsman and learning Spanish (albeit slowly).
Insights by James
I commenced my training contract at Blake Morgan in September 2018, prior to this I was a paralegal at the firm. During my training contract, I undertook seats in Real...Read More
All directors should be aware of the statutory and fiduciary duties that they owe to the company. The certain duties and responsibilities are listed at sections 171 to 177 of...Read More