Colin is an Associate, Chartered Surveyor with over 20 years’ experience of successfully delivering projects in the construction industry. He is familiar with all aspects of commercial management, having a successful record of project delivery on time and budget, whilst developing and maintaining strong client relationships.
Main areas of practice
Colin is well educated in providing financial advice and management from initial outline business case through to project delivery and completion.
Colin is familiar with various forms of contract including the JCT and NEC Suites delivering projects via a number of procurement routes including traditional, design and build, single and two stage. He recognises that the selected route should follow a strategy which aligns with the long-term objectives of the client’s business plan.
He specialises in residential, education, leisure and commercial conveyancing.
Colin provides services for residential and commercial developers, housing associations and Higher Education providers.
He has extensive experience of working collaboratively with both Public Sector and private sector Clients, supporting their strategic developments. He provides capital cost, whole life cost, procurement, programme and risk management advice, ensuring that all project stakeholders are kept informed at each stage of the project development.
Colin graduated from Liverpool John Moores University in 2001 with a degree in Quantity Surveying and gained Chartered Surveyor status (MRICS) in 2005. Colin joined Blake Morgan in June 2020 having spent the previous 19 years with AECOM (formerly Davis Langdon LLP).
Colin is a fluent Welsh speaker.
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Extensive Refurbishment, Redevelopment and Modernisation of Grade II listed Student Accommodation at Pantycelyn for Aberystwyth University.
- Extensive Refurbishment, Redevelopment and Regeneration of Grade I and Grade II listed building at Old College for Aberystwyth University.
- Construction of new Innovation and Enterprise Campus at Gogerddan for Aberystwyth University.
- 38 Unit Passivhaus Development at former Caerphilly Magistrates Site for Linc-Cymru Housing.
Colin also has experience in:
- Contract Administration
- Employers Agent
- Procurement advice