Conor is based in our London office and is a member of the Litigation and Dispute Resolution team. He specialises in commercial litigation and insolvency litigation but also has experience in property litigation, acting mainly for insolvency practitioners.
Main area of practice
Conor predominantly handles high-value and complex commercial and litigation and is frequently involved in cases with an international element. Conor also advises clients on all aspects of contentious corporate and personal insolvency. Conor has experience working on cases involving asset recovery, misfeasance, challenging antecedent transactions and also on general commercial disputes.
Conor has also advised landlords in relation to possession actions and squatter actions.
Conor’s clients are generally large businesses and high net worth individuals from the UK and overseas. In recent years, Conor has acted for a number of clients from CIS countries.
Conor also acts for insolvency practitioners in formal insolvencies and for property owners in respect of possession proceedings.
Recent reported cases in which Conor has been involved include the following:
- Blue Tropic Ltd & Anor v Chkhartishvili –  EWCA Civ 816
- Blue Tropic Ltd & Anor v Chkhartishvili –  EWCA Civ 1259
- Inna Gudavadze & Ors v Ivane Chkhartishvili – BVIHCMAP2016/0037
- Watchstone Group Plc v Quob Park Estate Ltd & Ors –  EWHC 2621 (Ch)
- Alexey Bazhanov & Ors v Arkadiy Fosman & Ors –  EWHC 3404 (Comm)
- Robert Simon Terry & Ors v Watchstone Limited  EWHC 3082 (Comm)
Current instructions include:
- Roman Pipia v BGEO Group Limited – Acting for Georgian businessman Roman Pipia in Commercial Court proceedings against BGEO Group Limited for breach of delictual obligations under the Civil Code of Georgia
- Watchstone Group PLC v Robert Terry and others – Acting for all the defendants in Commercial Court proceedings in a dispute arising out of a share purchase agreement
- TMO Renewables Limited (in liquidation) v Timothy Yeo and others – Acting for a number of the defendants in Chancery Division proceedings arising out of the liquidation of TMO Renewables Limited
- London Young Lawyers Group
- Lawyer’s Business Development Club
- London Irish Graduate Network
- St. Patrick's Society
- London Irish Lawyers Association