Craig is a Legal Director and joined the Risk & Compliance Team in summer 2018 from Clyde & Co LLP. He has over 20 years of professional indemnity and litigation experience, at leading / specialist firms and solicitor’s insurers.
Main areas of practice
He primarily advises on and manages potential claims and conduct matters on behalf of the firm, including:
- Assisting case handlers on matters where there are or may be issues with our work;
- Advising on compliance with the Solicitors Code of Conduct;
- Reporting to and liaising with insurers.
Blake Morgan LLP, its partners and employees.
- Craig qualified at Wragge & Co in 1997, into the Commercial Litigation team. He spent seven years there dealing with a variety of professional and financial claims on behalf of claimants, against solicitors, accountants, directors, shareholders, insurers and a union.
- Switching to defendant professional indemnity work, Craig joined Henmans in 2004, dealing primarily with claims against solicitors. He spent six months on secondment at Zurich Insurance Plc, Claims handling in their solicitors team.
- He was recruited by Barlow Lyde & Gilbert (now Clyde & Co) in 2008, as it was setting up its first regional office in Oxford. Since then he has dealt with a variety of claims involving various professions, but mostly solicitors and surveyors.
- He also has significant experience of policy coverage work, particularly in respect of large scale lender claims.
Amongst other matters over the last five years, he worked with the Senior Partner of Clyde & Co on high profile / multi-million pound valuers claims, including the largest ever issued in the English Courts.