Dan has provided a first-class service to us and has always exceeded our expectations in relation to the advice given and in the speed of delivery following instruction. Dan and his team are always friendly and welcoming and are never too busy to take a call and/or answer any day to day queries that arise. This makes my job so much easier and assists the business no end. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Dan and his team.
Dan is a Senior member of Commercial Litigation team in Southampton dealing with a wide variety of disputes. He has specialist knowledge in company law, insolvency, insurance, debt recovery and contract law.
Main areas of practice
- Commercial litigation
- Commercial disputes
Dan’s clients include:
- Many local businesses and private individuals on and around the South Coast
- Insolvency practitioners from firms including RSM, Mazars, Quantuma and CVR;
- Large international insurance companies and their policyholders;
- A variety of banks, invoice discounters and factors, debt purchasers and motor/equipment finance companies;
Dan graduated from University of Manchester in 1999 and qualified as a solicitor in 2003. Dan first joined Blake Morgan (then Blake Lapthorn) in 2007.
- Chartered Institute of Credit Management
- Insolvency Lawyers' Association
- R3 (Association of Insolvency Professionals)
- Advising and representing an international insurance company in relation to a dispute with one of its policyholders worth approximately £500,000
- Pursuing a claim on behalf of an insolvency practitioner against a former director of a business who had unlawfully removed funds from the company
- Advising a former director and shareholder of a high profile local business in relation to an alleged breach of warranty dispute arising from a shareholder agreement
- Advising a technology business on the recovery of a substantial debt owed to it by a cash-strapped customer
- Representing the liquidators of various companies in relation to claims against former directors arising from alleged tax fraud and director misfeasance
- Shareholder disputes
- Warranty disputes
- Breach of contract disputes
- Debt recovery
- Advice on directors’ duties and director disqualification
Dan Geddes is a stand out individual in the team. He combines an in-depth knowledge of insolvency law with a keen eye for detail and a down to earth, responsive, and pragmatic approach to resolving cases.
I can only express positives about my engagement with Dan Geddes at Blake Morgan. Throughout the process Dan and his team were diligent and thorough, leaving no stone unturned. Above all, their ability to communicate proactively really made me feel at ease when my case at times was a little tricky. Thanks to all involved and for securing the result we were looking for.
From the outset we were impressed by Dan's confident manner, immediate grasp of the facts and superb legal advice and guidance.
Meticulous, measured and incredibly knowledgeable...
Insights by Dan
COVID-19 is going to have a big impact on the financial affairs of millions of businesses and households across the UK. Many will already be feeling that their personal or...Read More