Excellent property lawyer who is very knowledgeable and proactive.
Daniela is a partner and commercial property solicitor with wide experience of all aspects of commercial property work for both the public and private sectors.
Main areas of practice
Daniela’s work includes the acquisition, funding, development and letting of commercial, industrial and residential property, and property aspects of acquiring and disposing of companies. Daniela has been involved in many of the high value and high profile transactions undertaken by the firm.
- Acting for igloo Regeneration Partnership in the £250m regeneration of 40 acres of derelict land at Roath Basin in Cardiff Bay in achieving in 2007 a comprehensive development agreement with the Welsh Ministers and all statutory and planning agreements required to bring forward the development over the next 15 years; the first phase of this involves the 167,950 sq ft development of the Media Capital for BBC, which has now opened. A £43m sale of the investment to British Steel Pension Fund was exchanged in 2011.
- Acting for (Amber Infrastructure) Babcock and Brown (preferred developers of the Welsh Government in bringing forward the WISP (Welsh Investment Strategic Partnership) to deliver up to 1m square feet of new office space in regeneration centres across Wales over the next decade – beginning with schemes in Swansea, Newport and Cardiff) in handling in 2010 a sale to L&G at £23.4m of two completed developments in the WISP scheme.
- Acting for Welsh Government, Newport City Council and Newport Unlimited in the development and sale of a new £40m city centre campus for the University of Wales, Newport which opened in January 2011.
- Acting for the University of Glamorgan and the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama in the £22m re-development of the College’s campus on North Road Cardiff and creation of a new concert hall and rehearsal studios scheduled to open in August 2011.
- Acting for two GP surgeries and a local LHB in acquiring a new, bespoke Medical Centre via a conditional contract with leases to be granted on practical completion, which contain provisions relating to the National Health Service (General Medical Services Premises Costs) (Wales) Directions 2004 issued pursuant to the National Health Service Act 1977 as substituted by the National Health Service (Wales) Act 2006.
- Since 2009 Daniela has acted as a Community Governor of Pencareau Infants School in Cardiff.
Recommended as a result of her broad-ranging workload which includes development transactions, investment acquisitions and disposals, and retail leasing work.
Insights by Daniela
The Coronavirus Act 2020 (CA 2020), which became law on 25 March 2020, has significant implications for landlords and tenants of commercial premises. The Act gives considerable protection to tenants against...Read More
A positive of the 2019 coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic is that it has led to a substantial increase in the use of electronic signatures, which is largely as a result...Read More
The 2019 coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic has led to a large number of tenants (of both office and retail/restaurant premises) being unable to fully utilise their premises for periods of...Read More