Having the imagination and determination to do things differently in these difficult and strange times has been invaluable.
Darren is a Senior Associate in the Succession and Tax team in our Southampton office.
Main areas of practice
Darren’s main areas of expertise includes dealing with and advising on:-
- Wills of all degrees of complexity
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Administration of Estates
- Applications for Grants of Representation
- Deeds of Variation
- Declaration of Trust for Co-owners of Property
- Inheritance Tax Advice and Planning
- Principal Private Residence Relief from Capital Gains Tax
- Asset Protection Trusts
Darren assists clients hoping to preserve any wealth they may have and in a tax efficient manner, where appropriate, both in life and on death. Darren has advised executors, beneficiaries, trustees and attorneys.
Administration of estates involving business assets which included having to negotiate business property relief from inheritance tax with HM Revenue & Customs.
Lifetime creation of trusts with the objective of passing property down through the family and minimising the payment of tax.
Advising clients on the use of trusts through their wills in order to preserve their estate where possible but at the same time ensure that the right people benefit from their estate after they have died.
Darren initially worked for Guinness Plc (later to become Diageo Plc) having successfully graduated in BA Hons in Business Studies, where he worked in the Export Department and later as a Buyer within the Procurement Department.
Darren then retrained and qualified as a Solicitor in 2005 and has specialised in the field of Private Client his whole legal career.
- Darren is a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners and a member of the Private Client Section of The Law Society.
Darren Price, combines 'professional skill with a kind' manner.