Delme is a Legal Director within our Regulatory Group, specialising in professional regulation. Delme’s practice also covers a range of commercial litigation and public law matters.
Main areas of practice
Delme has acted for and against a large number of regulatory bodies. He has a particular expertise in the regulation of solicitors and the education, social care and healthcare sectors. He regularly presents cases before fitness to practise/professional misconduct panels and sits as legal advisor.
Delme also has extensive experience in public law and judicial review. He has acted in numerous judicial review proceedings and regularly advises public sector bodies. He has provided training to public sector clients, including in relation to judicial review practice and procedure.
Delme also advises on a wide range of commercial and corporate disputes including contractual disputes, insolvency matters and company/shareholder disputes, together with defamation and reputation management.
He additionally has experience in acting for clients in the not-for-profit/charitable sector.
- Advising Regulators
- Regulatory, Disciplinary & Compliance
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Corporate Crime and Investigations
- Judicial Review
- Corporate and Shareholder Disputes
Delme studied in Cardiff, achieving a Distinction in the Legal Practice Course in 2003. He subsequently trained and qualified in Wales at a top 100 UK law firm before practising in London from 2007. Delme joined what is now Blake Morgan in 2012.
- Association of Disciplinary & Regulatory Lawyers
- Charity Law Association
- Advising the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) on a wide range of matters including intervention challenges, proceedings in the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal (SDT) and judicial review proceedings. This includes investigating cases of professional misconduct, appearing before the SDT and advising the SRA in the exercise of its statutory functions.
- Appearing in numerous fitness to practise/professional misconduct cases, including presenting cases on behalf of Social Care Wales and the SRA and appearing on behalf of regulated individuals facing allegations of misconduct.
- Providing support to regulators, organisations and individuals facing investigation and enforcement action. Delme advises individuals and organisations facing investigation by their regulators or statutory bodies at all stages, from providing initial support through to advocacy at a hearing.
- Delme is one of the firm's lawyers appointed to act as legal advisor to professional conduct panels of the Education Workforce Council and the Teaching Regulation Agency.
- Delme has been involved in and advised upon numerous complex regulatory and disciplinary investigations.
- He has experience of working with a number of health organisations, including the NHS.
- Judicial review proceedings brought by the British Bankers Association against the Financial Ombudsman Service in relation to payment protection insurance complaints handling measures.
- Judicial review proceedings on behalf of the Welsh Language Commissioner challenging a decision of National Savings and Investments to withdraw its Welsh language scheme.
- Acting in relation to challenges and threatened challenges to procurement procedures run by a variety of public bodies.
- Acting for a University challenging a decision of the UKBA to revoke its Highly Trusted Sponsor status.
- Judicial review proceedings on behalf of a telecommunications company challenging a decision by the Advertising Standards Authority.
- Judicial review proceedings on behalf of a private client challenging a decision of the Minister for the Environment, Planning and Countryside regarding European farm subsidies.
- Judicial review proceedings on behalf of a claimant challenging a decision by the Countryside Council to notify an area of land as a site of special scientific interest.
- Delme has experience in defamation and reputation management. He has conducted several defamation actions, including representing two defendants in a high profile, multi-party High Court action culminating in a 5-day trial. He has also given pre-publication advice.
- Acting in proceedings on behalf of shareholders seeking relief from unfair prejudice pursuant to section 994 of the Companies Act 2006.
- Advising a charitable client in relation to a potential challenge to local authority spending cuts.
- Acting in a reference by the Attorney General to the Charity Tribunal.