She has a strong focus on commercial property work, including acquisitions and disposals of freehold and leasehold property, and development agreements.
Deryn is a senior property lawyer in Oxford with clients throughout England and Wales.
Main areas of practice
Deryn deals with the full range of commercial property transactions including acquisition and disposals of freehold and leasehold property, non-contentious landlord and tenant matters, general land matters, property development including development agreements, options overages and promotion agreements.
Deryn’s client base includes plc and other companies, public authorities and private landowners.
Her swift response time and practical approach are highly valued by her clients. She ensures she understands her client’s business needs and translates those into action. As a result she retains a large following of loyal clients who appreciate her skills.
Health and Social Care: Acts for a number of health bodies (public and private) on various developments of hospitals, medical centres and other medical facilities.
Energy: Acts for a number of energy producers including development of power generation projects and transactional property work from the running of the power generation properties.
- Acting for a number of PLC companies in dealing with their portfolio of properties including lettings (granting and being granted), licences and other leasehold management, acquisitions and disposals of properties and general property advice.
- Acting on acquisitions of numerous development sites including a complex site for a power station requiring a 7 kilometre pipeline.
- Drafting and negotiating pre-let agreements for the acquisition and development of medical centres then dealing with the acquisition and subsequent lease grants.
- Advising clients on option agreements, pre-emption agreements and promotion agreements.
- Vinculum - professional ladies networking organisation
Deryn Bassett has strong energy and gas expertise.
Works on a wide variety of non-contentious property matters, including landlord and tenant, and freehold sales and purchases. She specialises in transactions in the health sector.