Gemma specialises in private company acquisitions and disposals and new business start-ups, as well as helping existing businesses to expand.
Main areas of practice
Her main practice area is corporate transactions, which includes:
- Buying and selling shares in companies
- Buying and selling businesses and assets whether from or to companies, partnerships or sole traders; disposals and acquisitions
- Reorganising corporate, group and other business structures, including partnership agreements and shareholders’ agreements
- Advising generally on corporate administration
Gemma’s clients include private companies across various sectors, from owner-managed and family run companies to larger corporates within complex group structures. She also assists individual shareholders and directors.
Gemma helps private and public companies with their corporate governance and structure including shareholders agreements, reductions of share capital, share buy backs and the restructuring of existing corporate groups.
Franchising: Gemma provides advice to purchasers and sellers of individual franchise businesses by reviewing and reporting on their franchise sale and purchase agreements. She also guides franchisors, potential purchasers and sellers through the process of buying and selling an individual franchise business or network, including the preparation, negotiation and completion of the sale and purchase agreement to enable an easy and cost effective franchise re-sale.
Gemma qualified as a solicitor in March 2009 and joined the firm in June 2011.
Having qualified working in the corporate/commercial line of work, she had two years’ experience in this area at a South Coast firm, before moving to Blake Morgan to specialise in corporate work.
- Gemma is an active member of and secretary to the DJC (a networking group for professionals and businesses in Dorset)