I have been most impressed with your meticulousness.
James is a Legal Director in the Professional Regulatory team with nearly a decade of experience in advising regulators and respondents to disciplinary proceedings.
Main areas of practice
- James has extensive experience in advising healthcare regulators in relation to Fitness to Practice, disciplinary matters and investigations into the same including representations before Interim Order Committees in urgent matters.
- James has also considerable experience in representing Respondents before their regulators, including solicitors, legal executives and accountants, including negotiating settlements to avoid disciplinary proceedings.
- He has also been retained to draft responses to the Information Commissioner regarding DPA breaches and has advised corporate clients as to their responsibilities and repercussions of the Bribery Act 2012.
- James predominantly manages proceedings on behalf of the General Dental Council (GDC) including those matters before the Conduct, Health and Performance Committees. In addition, he is also involved with matters involving the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the General Pharmaceutical Society (GPhC).
- James is also retained by individuals for representation before the Health Care Professional Council (HCPC) and, in the past, by corporations including FTSE-100 companies for bespoke, tailored advice on a case-by-case basis.
James graduated from BPP Law School with a Commendation and spent a decade at Russell-Cooke LLP before joining Blake Morgan LLP in November 2014.
Up until 2014, James was the Chair of Trustees of the Weir Archer Academy.
- James has been heavily involved in matters from tribunals of first instance through to appeals to the Supreme Court and European Courts of Justice. These matters have been widely reported including some described as 'landmark'.
For over 7 years, James was one of the main solicitors undertaking nationwide, criminal prosecutions to protect the commercial rights interests of his clients. He also has experience of representing sports persons and organisations before their Disciplinary Panels.
Insights by James
R (on the application of the British Medical Association) v General Medical Council  EWCA Civ 2191
A renewed application for permission to appeal from a decision of Hickinbottom J in May 2016 was refused by the Court of Appeal in December 2017. The Applicant's predominant ground...Read More