James is a Director and former office leader with over 15 years’ experience of delivering projects as a Project and Cost Manager within the construction industry. James is responsible for the Project and Cost Management services within the Cardiff office.
Main areas of practice
James has experience of delivering project and cost management services in the following sectors:
- Hotel and Leisure
- Higher Education
- Arts and Culture
James provides pre and post contract cost and project management services, as well as the Employer’s Agent and NEC Option A Project Management roles for design and build contracts. He is familiar with all aspects of commercial and project management, having a proven track record of project delivery on time and within budget, whilst developing and maintaining client relationships to achieve the aspirations of the brief.
James has been involved, primarily, in the strategic planning and delivery of commercial projects, but has a diverse capability covering a number of end markets and sectors. James is an enthusiastic and versatile self-starter who has contributed to a number of successful projects, predominantly through developing team relationships and adopting a pro-active approach to project and cost management. James endeavours to achieve best value for clients, ultimately mitigating the impact of risk and driving out waste through effective planning.
He has extensive experience of working collaboratively with both public sector and private sector clients, supporting their strategic developments, by providing capital cost, whole life cost, procurement, programme and risk management advice.
James began his career as a graduate with Davis Langdon and progressed through the ranks to lead the project and cost management team in Cardiff before joining Blake Morgan.
- James has recently worked on a number of key regeneration schemes in South Wales as well as being involved in infrastructure projects to support and facilitate the projects.
- Swansea City Centre Regeneration Areas 2, Swansea City Council via Trebor Developments - Cost management advising Trebor Developments on the commercial/ regeneration of the Civic Centre area of the City to incorporate a mixed use development including residential, hotel and higher education facilities.
- The Mill , Cardiff - Project and cost management for the development of the residential masterplan for a phased delivery of the remediation, infrastructure and housing contracts for circa 770 units on a contaminated site.
- Leckwith Development - Cost management and Employer’s Agent role for the provision of 300,000 sqft of mixed use, retail, leisure and office space on a Cardiff brownfield site with anchor tenants including Asda, Costco, Next and Marks and Spencer. The development of Cardiff City Stadium base build, hospitality fit out and Leckwith Athletics Stadium occurred in parallel, together with the main infrastructure works on Leckwith Road.
- Whiteheads, Newport - Project and cost management for the remediation of the heavily contaminated site and the development of 529nr homes for rent and open market sales together with associated community facilities.
- Risk Management
- Fund monitoring
- Contract Administration
- Employers Agent
- Procurement advice