James is a Legal Director in the Corporate team, based primarily in our Cardiff office.
Main areas of practice
James specialises in a wide range of corporate transactions including mergers, acquisitions and disposals, management buy-outs, private equity and venture capital investments, corporate restructurings, joint venture agreements and general corporate advisory and governance matters.
James acts for various banks, funders, investors and shareholders, owner-managed businesses, SMEs and large corporates in respect of a wide variety of transactions .
James graduated from the University of Reading (LLB, 2008) prior to completing his Legal Practice Course at Cardiff University (2009). James trained at Geldards LLP, Cardiff commencing in 2011 prior to joining Blake Morgan in December 2018.
- Advising a European office services group in respect of a corporate and debt restructure of its UK divisions.
- Advising Development Bank of Wales in respect of the part financing of a management buyout of a South Wales company servicing the automotive sector.
- Advising the shareholder of a leading provider of healthcare insourcing services in respect of a sale to private equity.
- Advising the shareholder group in respect of a sale of two group divisions providing services to the construction sector.
- Advising the Welsh Government in respect of various large scale project finance transactions.
James has particular experience in renewable energy projects having advised on multiple project and acquisition finance transactions related to that sector.