A dedicated private client practitioner who specialises in Succession and Tax.
She strives to build close and long-standing relationships with clients and their families providing guidance and advice in a personal, considerate and sensitive manner.
Jessica is committed to producing effective, practical solutions to complex and technical issues presented in a clear and straight forward manner.
Main areas of practice
- Jessica advises on inheritance tax effective and asset protective Wills, administration of complex estates, including claims for agricultural and business property relief from inheritance tax, and foreign property aspects.
- She also advises on lifetime tax planning, powers of attorney and Court of Protection applications.
She is hailed as ‘one of the best probate and tax planning solicitors in the south of England’ and attracts high praise for her ‘outstandingly good’ tax and trusts advice.
Jessica qualified as a solicitor in 1986. She was a partner with Moore & Blatch in Hampshire for over 20 years and Head of Wealth Management before joining Clarke Willmott in 2007 to establish their private client department in their Southampton office.
Jessica Wiltshire joined Blake Morgan in April 2016.
- Jessica is a member of The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and Private Client Section of The Law Society.
- Jessica's experience includes claims for 100% exemption from inheritance tax for the estates of members of the armed services for deaths linked to active war service.
- She also has experience on planning and dealing with the administration of insolvent estates and resolution of contentious issues in estates to include potential claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 recorded by the parties completing a Deed of Variation of the terms of the Will or the rules on intestacy.