"She is a commercially minded and very sensible lawyer who goes straight to the point and gets things done."
Jo is the head of the firm’s Employment, Pensions and Immigration group. She provides general employment advice from our Cardiff office.
Main areas of practice
Jo’s work includes maternity rights, discrimination issues, sickness absence, non-performance, gross misconduct and new areas of employment law.
She also specialises in advising on employment issues arising out of large scale procurements, outsourcing, commercial contracts, mergers, acquisitions and post-acquisition integration and is an expert on advising in relation to TUPE issues.
Joanne was admitted to the Roll in 1988
- The Law Society
- The Employment Lawyers’ Association
- Providing a major PLC client with employment advice in relation to in excess of 50 acquisitions of office services businesses and companies. Joanne plays a major role in all such acquisitions involving employees and liaises between the acquisition team and the individual managers who are responsible for integrating the businesses. She assists in formulating integration plans including reorganisation of the businesses following acquisition, any redundancies which may result and where appropriate the harmonisation of terms and conditions of employment.
- Advising global media group, Tinopolis, in relation to the TUPE matters arising from various acquisitions including the acquisitions of Firecracker Films, Passion Distribution and Pioneer Productions Group.
- Advising a large manufacturing client in relation to a collective redundancy process arising out of a proposal to cease manufacturing in the UK.
- Advising in relation to the TUPE process involved as a result of a proposal to transfer certain functions to elsewhere in the world. This included advice in relation to dealings with their union, employees and various businesses abroad.
Team head Joanne Davies has particular expertise on TUPE issues, including as it relates to outsourcing in the public sector.
Joanne Davies advises the firm's private and public sector clients on all manner of transactional, policy and contentious matters. Commentators describe her as "commercially minded, hard-working and straightforward.
Excellent source of information about TUPE and its implications.
Amazing lawyer - very pragmatic, very sensible and very well respected.
Clients appreciate her availability, reliable advice, and sound and up-to-date knowledge of employment law.
Insights by Joanne