Jonathan Sleep is noted for his 'excellent legal insight and for being very good with clients'
Jonathan is a Senior Associate in the Succession and Tax team in our Portsmouth Office.
Main areas of practice
Jonathan’s main areas of expertise includes dealing with and advising on:
- The administration of high value estates, including for business owners and farmers
- Advising on inheritance tax and capital gains tax planning
- Preparation of Wills, bespoke to his client’s individual requirements
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Creation of Trusts
- Care Fees Mitigation
Acting for individuals to mitigate against inheritance tax, care fees and to provide safeguards against losing mental capacity.
Jonathan advises individuals, executors, personal representatives, beneficiaries, trustees and attorneys.
Jonathan joined the firm in May 2017 having previously been the Head of Wills, Trusts and Probate Team for a major Private Client law firm in the South.
He has more than 14 years’ experience working as a Private Client Solicitor, specialising in wills and trust work, administering high net worth estates, taxation and inheritance tax planning.
- Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Member of Solicitors for the Elderly
- Member of the Law Society Private Client Section
- Jonathan's experience includes acting for executors in the administration of high net worth estates, including farms, large buy to let portfolios, foreign assets and private business companies.
- He has extensive knowledge in dealing with disputed estates under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
Jonathan Sleep explained everything to us in clear detail and was always happy to clarify any queries we had, large or small and made a relatively complex process as simple as possible for us. The whole transaction with Jonathan was conducted with efficiency and kindness throughout.
My thanks for the considerable amount of skilled work that you have carried out to enable us to get to this stage. The collecting and putting together of all the financial aspects of this complicated Estate is most impressive!
I am truly thankful and want to pass that on to you from the heart. I will not hesitate to recommend you to anyone else.