Justin Weare is simply a first-class lawyer – clever, strategic and commercially savvy. His ability to understand and respond to clients’ needs is outstanding.
Justin is a partner in the directory-ranked Commercial Litigation team in the London office.
Main areas of practice
He has wide experience of complex disputes in national and overseas courts and in arbitration (including under ICC, LCIA, LMAA and UNCITRAL rules). His broad practice includes, in particular, shareholder / joint venture, company, contractual, claimant civil fraud, offshore and energy disputes.
Justin acts for the broad range of clients who become involved in commercial disputes, including public and private companies, company directors, funds, investment managers, entrepreneurs, and high net-worth individuals.
- International Litigation
- Corporate & Shareholder Disputes
- Civil Fraud and Asset Recovery
Before joining Blake Morgan in 2017, Justin practised for 13 years at the London office of global law firm Jones Day. He has a MA in Jurisprudence from the University of Oxford.
- Numerous confidential arbitrations, including in each of the last three years
- Sprint Electric Limited v Buyer's Dream Limited & Anr  EWHC 2004 (Ch)
- Re Sprintroom Limited  EWCA Civ 932
- Sprint Electric Limited v Buyer's Dream Limited & Anr and Potamianos v Re Prescott & Anr  EWHC 1924 (Ch)
- Marz Ltd v Bank of Scotland PLC  EWHC 3618 (Ch)
- Renova v Gilbertson (Unreported - Cayman Islands Court of Appeal in 2017)
- Unaoil Ltd v Leighton Offshore PTE Ltd  EWHC 2965 (Comm)
- Nedgroup Trust (Jersey) Limited v Renova Industries Limited & Ors (Unreported – Cayman Islands Financial Services Division in 2014)
- SSL International Plc & Anr v TTK LIG Ltd & Ors  EWCA Civ 1170,  1 Lloyd's Rep 107
- Digicel (St. Lucia) Ltd & Ors v Cable & Wireless Plc & Ors  EWCA Civ 606;  EWHC 774 (Ch);  EWHC 1437 (Ch);  2 All ER 1094;  EWHC 5222 (Ch)
- Renova v Gilbertson  CILR 268 (Cayman Islands)
- Tower Taxi Technology LLP & Ors v Marsden & Ors  EWCA Civ 1503
"Justin Weare is bright, thoughtful and sensible, with considerable experience of heavyweight commercial litigation."
"His dedication to getting the job done through thick and thin has been impressive."
"Smart and sensible."
"He was a pleasure to work with, was on top of the detail … and had excellent judgement."
"Justin Weare did an exceptional job of managing resources, dealing with a demanding client, and progressing the case in a measured and targeted way."
Insights by Justin
Since the UK Government announced the lockdown on 23 March 2020, Blake Morgan's Litigation team has spent over 75 hours in remote hearings including 13 applications, a week-long trial and...Read More
Blake Morgan acted in the recent Court of Appeal case of Potamianos. In its judgment, the Court of Appeal provided guidance as to the circumstances in which, in the context...Read More