"Justin Weare is bright, thoughtful and sensible, with considerable experience of heavyweight commercial litigation."
Justin is a partner in the Commercial Litigation team in the London office.
Main areas of practice
He has wide experience of complex disputes in national and overseas courts and in arbitration (including under ICC, LCIA and UNCITRAL rules). His broad practice includes, in particular, shareholder / joint venture, company, contractual, claimant civil fraud, offshore and energy disputes.
Justin acts for the broad range of clients who become involved in commercial disputes, including public and private companies, company directors, funds, investment managers, entrepreneurs, and high net-worth individuals.
Before joining Blake Morgan Justin practised for 13 years at the London office of global law firm Jones Day. He has a MA in Jurisprudence from the University of Oxford.
- Re Sprintroom Limited  EWCA Civ 932
- Sprint Electric Limited v Buyer's Dream Limited & Anr and Potamianos v Re Prescott & Anr  EWHC 1924 (Ch)
- Marz Ltd v Bank of Scotland PLC  EWHC 3618 (Ch)
- Renova v Gilbertson (Unreported - Cayman Islands Court of Appeal in 2017)
- Unaoil Ltd v Leighton Offshore PTE Ltd  EWHC 2965 (Comm)
- Nedgroup Trust (Jersey) Limited v Renova Industries Limited & Ors (Unreported – Cayman Islands Financial Services Division in 2014)
- SSL International Plc & Anr v TTK LIG Ltd & Ors  EWCA Civ 1170,  1 Lloyd's Rep 107
- Digicel (St. Lucia) Ltd & Ors v Cable & Wireless Plc & Ors  EWCA Civ 606;  EWHC 774 (Ch);  EWHC 1437 (Ch);  2 All ER 1094;  EWHC 5222 (Ch)
- Renova v Gilbertson  CILR 268 (Cayman Islands)
- Tower Taxi Technology LLP & Ors v Marsden & Ors  EWCA Civ 1503
Insights by Justin
Blake Morgan acted in the recent Court of Appeal case of Potamianos. In its judgment, the Court of Appeal provided guidance as to the circumstances in which, in the context...Read More