Katie is a Solicitor in our Social Housing Team based in Cardiff.
Main areas of practice
Katie specialises in Social Housing, acting for a number of Housing Associations across England and Wales in all aspects of their developmental and transactional work, including:
- Grant of Shared Ownership Leases;
- Sales under the Right to Buy provisions;
- Sale of newbuild homes under Help to Buy;
- Dealing with Low Cost Home Ownership/Homebuy properties;
- Lease Extensions (statutory and voluntary);
- Acquisitions of land, plots and individual properties; and
- Sectional and Infrastructure agreements.
She has also acted for private clients in a range of transactions involving residential property and carries out a variety of freehold and leasehold work for commercial clients.
Katie also has experience in dealing with matters involving the Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016, specifically with regard to the effect of the Act on Community Landlords.
Katie works with a number of Housing Associations across England and Wales, as well as commercial developers and private individuals.
Katie graduated from the University of South Wales in 2014 with an LLB Law degree and completed the LPC at University of South Wales in 2015.
She went on to work at the Cardiff office of a global law firm for three years before joining Blake Morgan in 2018.
Katie qualified as a Solicitor in November 2023.
Katie has extensive experience in Post Completions work and previously worked in a large volume re-mortgage department focussing on Equity Release.