Laura is a Solicitor in our Succession and Tax team in our Portsmouth office, specialising in the administration of trusts.
Main areas of practice
Laura works within the Succession and Tax Team and deals with all aspects of the administration of trusts.
Laura assists private clients who are involved a trust, often trustees and beneficiaries and their families.
Laura graduated from Queen Mary University of London in 2008 with a bachelor’s degree in history. Laura went on to obtain a master’s degree from Kings College London, before pursuing a career in law.
Laura completed her Graduate Diploma in Law/Common Professional Exam at in 2012 and her Legal Practice Course in 2015, both at Bournemouth University. Laura spent several years working for a firm in Dorset where she began her training.
Laura became a trainee solicitor with Blake Morgan in October 2016. Laura qualified as a solicitor in February 2017.
- Assisting trustees with investing trust funds.
- Advising trustees on their duties and powers.
- Dealing with the appointment and retirement of trustees and the transfer of trust property.
- Providing advice to clients in relation to the tax implications of various types of trusts.
- Distributing trust funds to beneficiaries.
Laura is currently undertaking examinations to become a member of the Society for Trusts and Estates.
She also has experience in Trusts, Wills and Probate, Family Law, and Dispute Resolution. Laura also spent several years working in the property department of a firm in Dorset.