I don't like legal answers, I just like commercial answers that fit the business, and Rajiv is very good at providing cost-effective advice that fits a proportionate risk-based solution for the issue at hand.
Rajiv has experience in a variety of contentious and non-contentious employment law issues. Rajiv is a supervisor of Employment Tribunal work amongst other matters.
Main areas of practice
Rajiv’s work includes unfair dismissal, discrimination, jurisdictional matters and the employment aspects of corporate transactions. He also drafts and advises on directors’ service agreements, employment contracts, staff handbooks and settlement agreements.
Rajiv completed his Legal Practice Course at the Oxford Institute of Legal Practice after finishing his LLM (Masters in Law) at LSE (University of London). Rajiv qualified in 2005.
- Employment Lawyers Association
- General Employment clients:
- Involved in a landmark case at the House of Lords in relation to the territorial scope of unfair dismissal law
- Investigating and completing a report in relation to a complicated internal grievance on behalf of a large metropolitan police force involving multiple allegations at a senior level
- Health & Social Care:
- Acting for a Primary Care Trust and successfully disposing of a complex tribunal claim relating to disability and race discrimination
- Acting for a registered charity in the social care sector on all general employment law matters, and successfully defending multiple Tribunal claims in relation to disability, race and sex discrimination as well as unfair dismissal
Seminars: Rajiv regularly presents training on employment law topics – either as part of Blake Morgan’s Breakfast Clubs, or for in-house training for clients
"Rajiv Joshi is happy to act almost as a direct adviser, he is always at the end of a phone and offers immediate support to our business when we need it."
"Risk-based, understands our business and what we want to achieve, upskills our team for dealing directly with the challenges we face."
Rajiv Joshi has extensive experience defending discrimination claims and also advises frequently on TUPE and all manner of corporate personnel issues. A client says: "He understands our questions very easily and is very clear in his responses."
Rajiv Joshi has expertise in complex discrimination and TUPE matters and advising in the niche areas of police and health sector workforce issues.
Extremely proactive, responsive, professional and prompt, and his advice is always focused around the client.
Insights by Rajiv
Two years on from the start of the pandemic, many employers will continue to be dealing with its implications in the months ahead. From handling tricky issues in the workplace...Read More
The focus was on talent management at our Employment webinar on 12 May 2022, where our experts looked at recruitment, engagement and retention.Read More
Employment webinar – menopause in the workplace: what you need to know and how to manage the challenges – PAST EVENT
There was a significant increase in media interest in the menopause in 2021 with celebrities and even a member of the Royal family involved in campaigns to publicise the issue....Read More