Leading Individual and Partner heading commercial recoveries team; specialising in asset and debt recovery and commercial litigation.
Sadak leads our Commercial Recoveries Team and specialises in debt recovery and litigation with a particular focus on the finance sector.
Main areas of practice
As Head of the Commercial Recoveries Team, Sadak advises on all aspects of debt recovery, landlord and tenant possession claims and litigation. Clients range from businesses which might instruct Sadak a few times a year (perhaps on very high value matters) to businesses which send Sadak thousands of cases each year. The work undertaken in the team ranges from multi-party injunction claims to volume debt and possession claims.
Sadak’s practice involves a particular focus on the finance sector and his experience in this market has been built on strong relationships with finance companies and debt purchasers.
Sadak’s clients include captive motor finance companies (all of which are household names), a number of debt purchasers (mainly purchasers of consumer debt) as well as many businesses in other sectors including IT, retail and utility.
The team also has a substantial landlord and tenant possession practice acting for insurers and private landlords.
Sadak joined Blake Morgan (then Blake Lapthorn) in 1992 as a trainee solicitor and qualified as a solicitor in 1994 as a specialist in professional negligence.
Sadak became Head of the Commercial Recoveries team in 2001 and became a partner in 2004. Since 2001, Sadak has transformed the Commercial Recoveries team from a team of 3 people to a team of nearly 40 people.
He was awarded the Diploma in Advanced Litigation from Nottingham Law School in 1999, and was for many years a tutor on the diploma course.
- Institute of Credit Management (Committee Member)
- Trustee of Solent branch RSPCA
- Issuing an application for an urgent injunction on behalf of household name vehicle finance company to protect and recover assets worth approximately £500K from a corporate customer in administration. Sadak achieved a full recovery for his clients both of the client's vehicles and also of legal costs (from the customer's directors).
- Taking on a book of 6,000 cases from a market leading debt purchaser client and urgently developing the processes and systems required by the team to handle the work.
- Working with a finance company client to develop processes to handle instances of debit/credit card claw back claims by customers.
Regulatory/compliance – Sadak has assisted non-finance company clients to set up and manage their credit/debt policies and processes.
Sadak regularly speaks at seminars and conferences, as well as frequently contributing to Credit Today magazine, Credit Collections & Risk and other credit industry journals. He is also an elected committee member of the Wessex Branch of the Institute of Credit Management. Sadak is also a member of the Institute’s Think Tank.
Sadak Miah attracts praise for his ‘exceptional industry knowledge regarding motor finance’. The group is also renowned for its debt purchase work.