Sarah heads the London Commercial Litigation team.
Main areas of practice
Sarah has broad experience of civil litigation generally, and works on a broad range of general corporate and commercial disputes across all sectors, but predominantly business and finance, retail, leisure and media. She handles predominantly high-value and complex litigation, both national and international. She is often involved in cases with an offshore element, and has first-hand experience of litigation in offshore jurisdictions, notably the British Virgin Islands. In recent years, Sarah is instructed increasingly frequently by clients from FSU and CIS.
She receives instructions from individuals based in the UK and overseas, listed and non-listed companies, SMEs and partnerships.
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Corporate and Shareholder Disputes
- International Litigation
- Civil Fraud and Asset Recovery
- Qualified in 1990
- Diploma in UK Copyright and International Related Rights from Kings College London (1996)
- The Law Society
- The Ritz Hotel Casino Limited v Nora Al Daher -  EWHC 2847 (QB)
- PriceWaterhouseCoopers v SAAD Investments Co Ltd and Anor (Bermuda) -  UKPC 33
- Blue Tropic Ltd & Anor v Chkhartishvili -  EWCA Civ 816
- Blue Tropic Ltd & Anor v Chkhartishvili –  EWCA Civ 1259
- Inna Gudavadze & Ors v Ivane Chkhartishvili - BVIHCMAP2016/0037
- Watchstone Group Plc v Quob Park Estate Ltd & Ors -  EWHC 2621 (Ch)
- Marz Ltd v Bank of Scotland PLC (2017)
- Alexey Bazhanov & Ors v Arkadiy Fosman & Ors -  EWHC 3404 (Comm)
- Robert Simon Terry & Ors v Watchstone Limited  EWHC 3082 (Comm)
Privy Council: Sarah receives instructions in the conduct of appeals before the Judicial Committee of Her Majesty’s Privy Council; particularly appeals from offshore jurisdictions such as the British Virgin Islands and the Bahamas.
Competition law: including CMA investigations into alleged anti-competitive practices, and follow-on damages claims and enforcement of private rights under the EC and national competition rules.
Casinos: Sarah acts for a number of high-end London casinos in relation to gambling disputes.
Insights by Sarah
Earlier this month, our Commercial Litigation experts prepared a useful briefing on freezing orders and the importance of full and frank disclosure, by reference to the recent case of Rogachev...Read More
In the first part to this briefing, our Commercial Litigation experts looked at the test that the Court would apply when considering applications to amend pleadings at a late stage...Read More
A number of recent cases provide a useful reminder of the test that the Court would apply when considering applications to amend pleadings at a late stage of the proceedings....Read More