An excellent team that is led by the impressive Sarah Rees.
Sarah heads the London Commercial Litigation team.
Main areas of practice
Sarah has broad experience of civil litigation generally, and works on a broad range of general corporate and commercial disputes across all sectors, but predominantly business and finance, retail, leisure and media. She handles predominantly high-value and complex litigation, both national and international. She is often involved in cases with an offshore element, and has first-hand experience of litigation in offshore jurisdictions, notably the British Virgin Islands. In recent years, Sarah is instructed increasingly frequently by clients from FSU and CIS.
She receives instructions from individuals based in the UK and overseas, listed and non-listed companies, SMEs and partnerships.
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Civil Fraud and Asset Recovery
- Corporate & Shareholder Disputes
- International Litigation
- Privy Council
- Qualified in 1990
- Diploma in UK Copyright and International Related Rights from Kings College London (1996)
- The Law Society
- TMO Renewables Limited (in Liquidation) v Timothy Yeo and Ors  EWHC 2033(Ch)
- Awendale Resources Incorporated v Pyxis Management Ltd  EWHC 1978 (Ch)
- Pipia v BGEO Group Ltd  EWHC 325 (Comm)
- Robert Simon Terry & Ors v Watchstone Limited  EWHC 3082 (Comm)
- Alexey Bazhanov & Ors v Arkadiy Fosman & Ors -  EWHC 3404 (Comm)
- Marz Ltd v Bank of Scotland PLC (2017)
- Watchstone Group Plc v Quob Park Estate Ltd & Ors -  EWHC 2621 (Ch)
- Inna Gudavadze & Ors v Ivane Chkhartishvili - BVIHCMAP2016/0037
- Blue Tropic Ltd & Anor v Chkhartishvili –  EWCA Civ 1259
- Blue Tropic Ltd & Anor v Chkhartishvili -  EWCA Civ 816
- PriceWaterhouseCoopers v SAAD Investments Co Ltd and Anor (Bermuda) -  UKPC 33
- The Ritz Hotel Casino Limited v Nora Al Daher -  EWHC 2847 (QB)
Privy Council: Sarah receives instructions in the conduct of appeals before the Judicial Committee of Her Majesty’s Privy Council; particularly appeals from offshore jurisdictions such as the British Virgin Islands and the Bahamas.
Competition law: including CMA investigations into alleged anti-competitive practices, and follow-on damages claims and enforcement of private rights under the EC and national competition rules.
Casinos: Sarah acts for a number of high-end London casinos in relation to gambling disputes.
"Sarah Rees is a leader in field. True expert. First-class client care. Makes a difference."
Insights by Sarah
The Russian law of Advocate’s secrecy – the English court finds there is no distinction between Advocates and non-Advocates for the purpose of legal advice privilege
Sarah Rees and Natalie Powers of Blake Morgan look at the findings of Moulder J in a recent application in PJSC Tatneft v Bogolyubov and others  EWHC 2437 (Comm).Read More
Earlier this month, our Commercial Litigation experts prepared a useful briefing on freezing orders and the importance of full and frank disclosure, by reference to the recent case of Rogachev...Read More
In the first part to this briefing, our Commercial Litigation experts looked at the test that the Court would apply when considering applications to amend pleadings at a late stage...Read More