Siân Jones is highly regarded for her knowledge of housing management and leasehold issues, and frequently handles anti-social behaviour cases. Sources say that "she's got a good reputation and certainly knows her stuff."
Siân is a partner in our dispute resolution team and a specialist in property litigation and residential landlord and tenant disputes with a wealth of experience in the Social Housing sector.
Main areas of practice
Siân has extensive experience of property litigation, including commercial and residential landlord and tenant disputes, lease renewal proceedings, dilapidation claims, adverse possession claims, claims in respect of disputed easements and restrictive covenants, mortgage possession proceedings and Lands Tribunal claims arising out of compulsory purchase orders.
Siân acts for both landlord and tenants in disputes relating to residential, commercial and agricultural land.
- Advising on the terms of occupancy agreements and Partnership Agreement between a housing association and support provider for a refuge for victims of domestic violence
- Drafting and modernising the full range of tenancy agreements for a housing association
- Acting for a housing association in recovering possession of a property from an elderly vulnerable tenant causing prolonged low level nuisance, in conjunction with outside agencies
- Acting for a housing association in the removal of a restrictive covenant benefiting multiple adjoining owners to allow an ExtraCare facility to be constructed
- Acting for a housing association in settling multiple disrepair claims following major ingress of water, dealing with temporary re-housing issues and pursuing the housing associations superior landlord
Health & Social Care
- Acting for a Local Health Board in negotiating a surrender of an Agricultural Holdings Act Tenancy in exchange for a lesser tenancy which gave control of achieving vacant possession of the site to the LHB which wished to dispose of a surplus site
- Acting for a Local Health Board in respect of the disposal of a surplus Hospital where there were issues of nuisance and potential breaches of covenant. Advised on the enforceability of the covenants and in relation to Option agreements negotiated to facilitate access to the site
- Acting for a Registered Social Landlord in the removal of a restrictive covenant from land to enable an Extra Care Facility to be built. Contesting injunction proceedings and advising on an agreement to relax the terms of the covenant to allow the facility to be operated
- Portfolio Management for Welsh Local Health Boards including lease renewal proceedings, service of Break Notices and advising on disputed rent reviews
Siân can speak Welsh.
Siân regularly provides training sessions and presentations to clients on issues of housing law.
Siân was admitted to the Roll in 1991.
- Deputy Chair of T? Hafan the Children's Hospice
Siân Jones is praised by her clients for her "solid technical knowledge and sound problem-solving skills." She is particularly noted for her activity in development disputes. She is instructed by a wide range of public sector clients and major commercial clients.”