Simon is a Legal Director and head of the Property Litigation team in Southampton. Simon has a wide range of experience in all aspects of commercial property and landlord and tenant litigation.
Main areas of practice
Simon’s areas of expertise include rights to light, telecoms, dilapidations, lease renewals and landlord consent applications.
Simon has acted for a wide range of clients including commercial and residential developers, national retailers, public and private companies, local authorities and educational establishments.
After completing his LPC at the College of Law in Guildford, Simon trained at Paris Smith LLP in Southampton and qualified in 2005. Simon joined Blake Morgan in 2019 after working for six years at Shoosmiths LLP in Reading.
- Property Litigation Association
- Advising a local authority in relation to the removal of telecoms equipment to enable a multi-million pound development to proceed
- Acting for a commercial property investment plc in relation to all rights of light issues, including the settlement of all necessary releases to enable development to proceed on the City of London
- Advising an international insurance company in relation to the rationalisation of its UK portfolio following an acquisition, including dealing with all necessary applications for consent to assign and break notices
- Advising and settling a disputed break notice on behalf of a tenant where compliance with conditions was challenged by the landlord of a property commanding an annual rent in excess of £1m
Simon has experience of a whole range of property related issues including break notices, rent reviews, boundary disputes, adverse possession, forfeiture, possession claims, commercial rent arrears recovery and property issues relating to tenant insolvency.
Insights by Simon
A tenant will often not turn attention to the question of dilapidations until the end of a commercial lease is looming, or perhaps until a schedule of dilapidations arrives in...Read More