Tanya is an Associate in the firm’s Property Litigation Team. She has experience dealing with a range of property litigation disputes acting for both Landlords and Tenants including bringing and defending possession claims, rent and service charge arrears recovery and civil injunction proceedings.
Main areas of practice
Tanya acts for landlords in complex residential possession and antisocial behaviour cases involving discrimination, Equality Act and Mental Capacity challenges.
She also acts for commercial landlords and tenants in all aspects of landlord and tenant portfolio management including lease renewals, dilapidations and covenant enforcement.
- Social housing providers in Wales and England
- Local authorities and the Welsh Government
- Commercial business
- Social Housing
- Resolving Disputes
- Residential Property
- Property Dispute Resolution
- Tenant Management (Wales)
Admitted to the roll in 2013, Tanya has a wide ranging background in Housing Law and has previously worked as Housing/Social Welfare Lawyer dealing with all aspects of Social Welfare and Housing law including Homelessness Appeals.
- Property Litigation Association
- Acted for a housing association in obtaining a without notice injunction where a sheltered housing scheme was put at risk by acts of antisocial behaviour by tenants with substance abuse problems
- Acting for housing associations in seeking possession of premises against trespassers
- Acting for public sector clients in relation to commercial rent arrears recovery
- Acting for acquiring Authorities in multiple CPO claims
- Acting for a large social housing provide in respect of multiple disrepair claims and counterclaims
Tanya has a particular interest in matters which related to the Equality Act 2010 and its treatment by the Courts.
Insights by Tanya
It's no secret (or at least it shouldn't be) that the Welsh Government have been embarking on a period of housing law reform. Some of it, such as the Housing...Read More