Are you interested in improving your knowledge of data protection?
Data protection law has changed. From 25th May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018 has replaced existing data protection laws, bringing new obligations and responsibilities for all organisations which handle information about individuals.
Our training courses are delivered by lawyers with proven expertise in data protection and privacy law.
The BCS Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection is a nationally recognised qualification which acts as the benchmark for competence, ability and performance in data protection, covering practical application as well as legal compliance with the current law. This course is now fully updated to include the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in or responsibility for data protection, including:
- Data Protection Officers
- Information governance professionals
- Heads of information management
- Human resources managers
- Clinical governance officers/managers
- IT/IS managers
- Marketing/database managers
- GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018
This is an intensive five-day course, which provides candidates with a thorough preparation for the BCS examination, as well as the chance to make new contacts and exchange experiences with others in the data protection field.
The course includes discussion sessions, case studies and quizzes to create a lively and stimulating atmosphere. The syllabus covers:
- History and origin of data protection law
- Definitions in the GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018
- Role of the Information Commissioner
- Data protection principles
- Individual rights
- Data protection offences
- Data sharing
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations
- Notification and record keeping
- Associated legislation such as Computer Misuse Act, Freedom of Information Act, Crime and Disorder Act, Anti-Terrorism Crime and Security Act
If you who have already obtained the BCS Practitioner Certificate (either with us or another training provider), you will have the opportunity to ‘convert’ your existing certificate into a GDPR qualification. We offer a two-day BCS GDPR Update course which will cover all of the key differences between the existing law and the new regime. You will then be able to sit a short exam and obtain a BCS qualification. Please note that the exam is only open to those who have previously obtained the Practitioner Certificate.
For more information or to sign up to the course, please email Helen Bartlett.