Project Director (Quantity Surveyor)
Alex is a Project Director and Chartered Surveyor in the Project and Cost Management team with over 15 years’ experience of successfully delivering projects in the construction industry. He is familiar with all aspects of commercial and project management, having a successful record of project delivery on time and budget, whilst developing and maintaining strong client relationships.
Alex implements a collaborative style of management placing emphasis on teamwork and is committed to interpreting and understanding the client’s objectives. Alex will bring his wealth of experience in providing strategic, programme and commercial leadership to bear on your project delivery.
Main areas of practice
- Hotel and Leisure
Alex is well educated in providing financial advice and management form initial outline business case through to project delivery and completion. He understands the importance of controlling investment and maximising return on capital.
He is familiar with various forms of contract including the NEC and JCT Suites and has delivered projects via a number of procurement routes including traditional, design and build, single and two stage and Construction Management. He recognises that the selected route should follow a strategy which fits the long-term objectives of the client’s business plan.
Alex provides services for residential and commercial developers, housing associations, local authorities and also private landowners.
He has extensive experience of working collaboratively with both Public Sector and private sector Clients, supporting their strategic developments. He provides capital cost, whole life cost, procurement, programme and risk management advice, ensuring that all project stakeholders are kept informed at each stage of the project development.
Alex has recently worked on a number of key regeneration schemes in South Wales as well as being involved in infrastructure projects to support and facilitate the projects.
Alex began his career as a Quantity Surveyor in 2000, completing a BTEC National Diploma in 2002; He graduated from the University of The West of England in 2006 with a degree in Commercial Management and Quantity Surveying. Alex became a Chartered Quantity Surveyor in 2008 (MRICS).
- Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- The Mill, Cardiff - Project and Cost management for the development of the residential masterplan for a phased delivery of the remediation, infrastructure and housing contracts for circa 770 units on a contaminated site
- Whiteheads, Newport - Project and Cost management for the remediation of the heavily contaminated site and the development of 529nr homes for rent and open market sales together with associated community facilities.
- Holiday Inn Express, Swindon - Providing Quantity Surveying services on the refurbishment of 134nr existing rooms and the construction of 100nr new guestrooms an associated facilities.
- Hilton Hotel Rebranding, Wembley - Project and cost Management services for the rebranding of 336nr existing Hilton Hotel rooms, into Holiday Inn facilities.