His knowledge is of travel law and the insurance industry is outstanding.
Daniel leads our travel team based in Southampton. He is a specialist in multi-jurisdictional disputes, travel insurance litigation and tour operator liability and is qualified as a solicitor in England and Attorney at Law (non practising) New York.
Main areas of practice
He has a particular specialism in handling travel insurance and foreign personal injury matters, advising insurers and the public as a result of accidents that have happened abroad; dealing with general insurance litigation and commercial disputes with an international or multi-jurisdictional element. Daniel also advises travel agents and tour operators as to the Package Travel Regulations, ATOL and CAA.
Daniel’s expertise has seen him act for travel insurers, tour operators, travel agents, legal expenses insurers and claimants, mostly in contentious multi jurisdictional matters.
- American Bar Association;
- Travel and Tourism Lawyers Association;
- Institute of Travel and Tourism;
- Daniel is recognised as one of the leading lawyers in Chambers for handling multi-jurisdictional personal injury claims.
- He has worked on some of the leading cases involving the implication of the European law on English law and recovered damages to include insurers’ outlays worth several million pounds.
- Daniel handles numerous claims in the USA, having concluded several large cases by way of Transatlantic mediation.
- Travel insurance and regulation;
- Tour operator and travel agent liability;
- Package Travel Regulations;
- General litigation.
"Daniel Scognamiglio is a standout practitioner who is not afraid of taking on difficult cases and running them."
"Daniel Scognamiglio is the real deal – he is calm and unflappable, and knows the area like the back of his hand."
Daniel Scognamiglio (named in the Legal 500 Hall of Fame) is a very effective lawyer and a good team leader, leading a happy team.
I am truly grateful for everyone's hard work and dedication in helping me and my family find a resolution to this claim since it first began back in 2012. I know this claim has been particularly challenging at times.
A "very solid outfit" led by the "outstanding" Daniel Scognamiglio.
Daniel Scognamiglio is an excellent lawyer with great attention-to-detail.
Insights by Daniel
Daniel Scognamiglio, Partner at law firm Blake Morgan, looks at how insurers can recover outlay using rights enshrined in law in an article first published in the July edition of...Read More
Business travel and insuring the businesses that arrange business travel post-pandemic will be far from ‘business as usual’. There are a number of changes that businesses need to be aware of....Read More
If you are a claimant, witness or an expert making a false statement it is likely that you will face committal proceedings for contempt of court
Daniel Scognamiglio examines the Liverpool Victoria Insurance Co Limited v Zafar  EWCA Civ 392 case, which serves as an important reminder to all witnesses as to making false or...Read More