I would highly recommend Nicola Diggle. Very commercial advice that is useful to a client.
Nicola is a Consultant in our Litigation and Dispute Resolution Division specialising in international commercial litigation and disputes, in particular appeals to the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council. She has a great deal of experience acting for individuals and corporates based in the United Kingdom and abroad across a range of sectors.
Main areas of practice
Nicola’s main area of practice is now acting as a Privy Council agent to assist overseas attorneys and clients with appeals to the Privy Council in London from foreign jurisdictions. She has worked on appeals from multiple jurisdictions including the British Virgin Islands, St Kitts, Grenada, Anguilla, Trinidad & Tobago, Guernsey, Jersey and Mauritius. She has been practicing as a Privy Council agent since 2012.
Nicola is also highly recommended as a commercial disputes lawyer with over 20 years’ experience and specialist expertise in:
- Commercial contract claims
- IT and Software disputes
- Director and shareholder disputes
- Warranty claims
- Appeals to the Privy Council
- Commercial mediation
- Schemes of Arrangement
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Privy Council
- Technology Disputes
- Corporate & Shareholder Disputes
Nicola qualified and previously practiced at Herbert Smith in their international litigation team. Nicola has done secondments to the Herbert Smith Paris office and an international technology company’s in-house legal team. Nicola joined Blake Morgan in 2006.
She is a Solicitor Advocate with Higher Rights of Audience and has appeared in the High Court for clients. She is also an ADR Group Accredited Mediator. As well as acting as advisor and advocate for clients in disputes and mediations, Nicola also practices as a mediator in commercial mediations.
Nicola has been practicing as a Privy Council agent since 2012.
Nicola was a partner at Blake Morgan from 2021 to 2023 and is now a Consultant.
- Solicitor Advocate
- ADR Group Accredited Mediator
- UK Supreme Court and Privy Council Users Group
- Acting for a leading global financial derivatives provider in bringing multiple appeals to the Privy Council from the British Virgin Islands
- Acting for a Caribbean government department in defending an appeal to the Privy Council
- Acting for an American individual in successfully defending an appeal to the Privy Council from the British Virgin Islands and claims for costs
- Acting for a Mauritian bank in defending an appeal to the Privy Council
- Successfully obtaining an award in a $40 million international arbitration
- Acting for the claimant in a £12 million warranty claim in the Commercial Court
- Acting for two shareholders in an international shareholder dispute in the technology sector
- Acting for a seller of an investment management business in a variety of post-sale disputes
- Acting for an international distribution and logistics business in a variety of commercial contract disputes
- Acting for a minority shareholder in bringing a successful claim for unfair prejudice for wrongful exclusion from management (using third party litigation funding)
- Obtaining an injunction in the Commercial Court for a software supplier to prevent a departing senior employee from breaching restrictive covenants
- Acting for a shareholder and director of a retail sector company in defending unfair prejudice proceedings in the Companies Court
"Nicola is very methodical and detail-oriented. She's able to translate complexities to clients."
"She's very commercially astute and sees the more important points."
"Nicola is very efficient, quick and responsive. She gives practical advice."
"She focuses on the things that really matter."
"Nicola is an exceptional lawyer who masters her brief and remains laser-focused on achieving her client’s objectives."
"Nicola Diggle is very responsive and committed to the client's cause."
Insights by Nicola
Not all cases heard by the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council (JCPC) Board are appeals 'as of right', where leave to appeal is granted by the court appealed from....Read More
The landmark judgment in Convoy Collateral v Broad Idea and Cho Kwai Chee, provides clarity on the power of the Court to grant injunctions and freezing orders in international litigation....Read More
Mediation is the most common form of alternative dispute resolution and is very effective when parties are willing to go to the negotiating table.Read More