Nicola Diggle is a senior associate who handles commercial and contractual litigation, with particular experience assisting with breach of directors' duties and shareholder agreements.
Nicola is a Legal Director in our Litigation and Dispute Resolution Division specialising in commercial litigation and dispute resolution. She has a great deal of experience acting for individuals and corporates based in the Thames Valley, London, United Kingdom and abroad across a range of sectors.
Main areas of practice
Nicola is highly recommended as a commercial lawyer with specialist expertise in:
- Commercial contract claims
- IT and Software disputes
- Director and shareholder disputes
- Warranty claims
- Enforcing employee restrictive covenants
- Appeals to the Privy Council
- Commercial mediation
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Employee Non-Compete and Confidentiality
- Technology Disputes
- Corporate and Shareholder Disputes
Nicola qualified and previously practiced at Herbert Smith in their international litigation team. Nicola has done secondments to the Herbert Smith Paris office and an international technology company’s in-house legal team. Nicola joined Blake Morgan in 2006.
She is a Solicitor Advocate with Higher Rights of Audience and has appeared in the High Court for clients. She is also an ADR Group Accredited Mediator. As well as acting as advisor and advocate for clients in disputes and mediations, Nicola also practices as a mediator in commercial mediations.
- Solicitor Advocate
- ADR Group Accredited Mediator
- Successfully obtaining an award in a $40 million international arbitration
- Acting for the claimant in a £12 million warranty claim in the Commercial Court
- Acting for two shareholders in an international shareholder dispute in the technology sector
- Acting a nationwide property developer in a £5 million dispute in the High Court
- Acting for a seller of an investment management business in a variety of post-sale disputes
- Acting for an international distribution and logistics business in a variety of commercial contract disputes
- Acting for a minority shareholder in bringing a successful claim for unfair prejudice for wrongful exclusion from management (using third party litigation funding)
- Obtaining an injunction in the Commercial Court for a software supplier to prevent a departing senior employee from breaching restrictive covenants
- Acting for a Mauritian bank in defending an appeal to the Privy Council
- Acting for a shareholder and director of a retail sector company in defending unfair prejudice proceedings in the Companies Court
- Acting for a software supplier in a dispute regarding a public sector outsourcing contract
Nicola Diggle is very responsive and committed to the client's cause.
She focuses on the things that really matter.
Insights by Nicola
We are receiving multiple queries regarding 'force majeure' and other potential ways of reducing contract exposure given the effects of COVID-19. We hope this guide of relevant English and Welsh...Read More
When the Court will sort out a mistake in corporate acquisition legal documentation: Recent Court of Appeal Judgment in Persimmon Homes Limited v Hillier & Creed  EWCA Civ 800....Read More