Richard Jones has led projects for me for a decade. His commercial and pro-active approach has produced exceptional results.
Richard is a partner in the corporate and commercial teams based primarily in our Cardiff office and is a member of our Business Support & Insolvency Team.
Main areas of practice
Richard deals with a broad range of corporate matters, including acquisitions, disposals, investments, shareholder and joint venture agreements and restructuring together with general corporate matters for a wide variety of clients including listed companies, venture-capital backed management teams, PLC’s, SME’s and owner-managed businesses.
He is experienced in advising insolvency practitioners – typically administrators – in connection with their appointment and the eventual sale of insolvent businesses.
Richard has acted for a variety of institutional clients including banks and private equity investors on range of transactions from start-up investments to acquisition finance and development capital.
- Advising clients on various corporate matters, including shareholders agreements, joint venture agreements, share option schemes, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, group restructuring exercises and providing advice to directors relating to Companies Act formalities and directors’ duties.
- Advising Dutch tyre dealer and motor services group, Alwaysbemobile in relation to a joint venture with UK independent tyre dealer, Tyrenet UK, to introduce a leading European tyre dealer brand ‘Profile Tyrecentre’ into the UK market.
- Advising global media group, Tinopolis, on various matters including the acquisitions of Firecracker Films, Passion Distribution and Pioneer Productions Group.
- Advising the management team of Target Group in relation to the management buyout backed by RBS Capital.
- Advising Swansea based engineering business, Hydratech, in connection with debt and equity investment from Tata Steel subsidiary, UK Steel Enterprises.
- Acted for a start-up company in securing seed capital funding from Finance Wales Investments and other angel investors in connection with the opening of an indoor climbing centre in Cardiff.
Administration and Insolvency matters:
- Advising the Administrators of a large national independent motorcycle dealership, including the sale of the business as a going concern, dealing with suppliers and retention of title issues.
- Advising the Administrators of a national chartered surveyor group, including running concurrent negotiations to sell the business as a going concern and dealing with issues surrounding the administration and sale of foreign subsidiary entities.
Richard completed LLB in Law at Cardiff University before moving on to study his LPC in 2004.
Richard is a fluent Welsh speaker.
"Richard is very good. He really gets involved in projects, gets into the detail and meets clients' demands well."
Has a flourishing reputation in the M&A market and regularly handles new money deals as well as distressed mandates.
Very professional and commercial.