Rob is a commercial lawyer and specialist in the field of commercial contracts, supporting organisations in both the public and private sectors. He is a key member of Blake Morgan’s Local Government England team and Healthcare team. He has varied experience, including advising on major projects, commercial contracts and complex procurement.
Main areas of practice
Rob has a broad commercial background and advises clients on many different issues. He has particular experience in complex, long-term procurement and services agreements with a focus on the sports, healthcare and leisure industries. Rob focuses on building long term and collaborative working relationships that drive projects forward.
Rob’s work often takes him out of a purely B2B context and he advises his clients on their consumer facing business practices. This work involves creating bespoke customer facing terms and conditions for clients offering new and innovative products and services. Drawing on his experience of the advertising industry, he also helps clients to deliver competitions and promotions.
Rob strives to give his clients clear, practical and actionable advice that goes beyond the black letter of the law.
Rob works with a wide range of clients from public sector organisations and international companies to SMEs.
- Advising a Borough Council on its leisure “design build operate and maintain” (DBOM) project with a mix of new and existing facilities being procured using Competitive Dialogue.
- Advising a District Council on its “leisure operating contract” (LOC) project to procure a contractor to operate existing facilities as well as a new flagship facility being built by the Council.
- Advising a District Council on its LOC project in respect of a wide range of facilities and services.
- Regularly advising NHS England’s Specialised Commissioning Team on high-value and new treatment contracts with major pharmaceutical companies.
- Advising NHS England on developing its processes and contracts for implementing bespoke gene therapies.
- Advising NHS England on its cancer therapy Covid-19 response and working to rapidly agree and implement 20+ contracts with all major pharmaceutical companies.
- Working with various teams within NHS England to improve and update standard contracts and procedures.
- Advising NHS England on a £1bn portfolio contract whilst the team there were under intense public and professional scrutiny.
Sports and Entertainment
- Advising a premiership rugby club on its commercial partnering and sponsorship agreements.
- Advising a premiership rugby club on the successful outsourcing of its online and physical retail operations.
- Advising a major watch brand on its events and supplier contracts.
- Renegotiating a premiership rugby clubs main kit supplier and sponsorship contract to facilitate new commercial opportunities.
- Advising a challenger energy supplier on the launch of its new mobile phone services.
Consumer and Advertising
- Advising a challenger energy supplier on the implementation of its new customer reward program and prize draw.
- Advising a major watch band on its events contracts and also on the running of event centred promotional activity.
- Advising a premiership rugby club on its implementation of its membership and loyalty programme.
- Commercial Contracts
- Intellectual Property
- Local Authority (Including Leisure)
Rob joined Blake Morgan in 2018. He qualified as a solicitor in 2014 after completing his studies at the University of Reading and the University of Law in London.
Before embarking on a career in law, Rob worked at the Advertising Standards Authority, volunteered at the Citizen’s Advice Bureau and worked as an assistant practice manager for an NHS GP’s surgery.
- Healthcare in the public sector
- Advertising and marketing
- New and emerging technologies
Insights by Rob
If you are drafting a contract, there are crucial things to bear in mind. We look at what you should include in order to avoid conflict and help your business...Read More
When it comes to writing a contract, you can draft one yourself or have a lawyer write one for you. We look at the dangers involved in drafting your own...Read More
Cloud computing is not a new phenomenon. However, over the past 18-24 months we have worked with an ever increasing number of businesses investing in cloud computing technologies in order...Read More