Sophie has been recognised as ‘an extremely professional adviser’, who has a broad landlord, tenant and development practice."
Sophie is a Senior Associate in the Real Estate team, based in London. She advises on wide range of real estate matters including acquisitions, disposals, property investment and commercial leases.
Main areas of practice
Sophie has a broad range of real estate experience including advising landlords and tenants on commercial leases, dealing with all aspects of residential property, advising developers on acquisitions for residential and commercial development, site set up and disposals and corporate support. She also deals with advising lenders and borrowers in relation to real estate finance.
Sophie acts for property companies, landlords, lenders, tenants, purchasers and vendors across various sectors. Sophie has built a network of client and contacts and continues to build her practice acting for a diverse background of clients from the UK and throughout the world, specifically the Middle East.
Sophie is fluent in Arabic.
- Real Estate & Property
- Construction & Development
- Business Owners & Entrepreneurs
- Real Estate Finance
Sophie is a Solicitor – Advocate and has completed her Notarial Practice Course.
In July 2018, Sophie recently successfully passed the Level 3 Certificate in Islamic Finance (CISI). This certificate is a global qualification that covers Islamic finance from both a technical and a Shariah perspective.
- Acting for lenders and borrowers on acquisition and development finance.
- Acting on the acquisition of a number of office buildings for conversion and sale of residential units, subject to planning and overage.
- Advising a private property developer in connection with a refinance of a large multi-let commercial and residential property.
- Loan facilities for portfolios of and individual investment properties.
- Development facilities for residential and commercial development.
Sophie was mentioned in Legal 500 for 2018/2019 as ‘an extremely professional adviser’, who has a broad landlord, tenant and development practice.
Insights by Sophie
The 2018 Road to Zero Strategy confirmed that all vehicles sold in the UK by 2040 must produce zero carbon emissions; a decision which aims to enable the UK to...Read More
One could be forgiven for assuming that listed buildings, by their very nature, are automatically exempt from EPC restrictions. However, the issue is far from clear cut. A more in...Read More
The case of Burrows Investments Ltd (Burrows) and Ward Homes Ltd (Ward) (2017) is another case highlighting the importance of careful drafting and negotiation of overage provision but this case...Read More