How to recognise potential claims
Trish D’Souza, a Legal Director in the Education sector, and Jo Corbett-Simmons, a Legal Director in our Commercial Litigation team, delivered a session for schools, local authorities and academy trusts on Disability discrimination – how to recognise potential claims.
This event was aimed at senior leaders in Schools and Academies, ALNCOs or SENCOs and Local Authorities, and will explored:
- Key definitions SEND/ALN v Disability
- The Equality and Human Rights Commission’s guidance
- Basic principles relating to discrimination
- Reasonable adjustment factors
- Internal seclusion v lawful exclusion
- Tips for avoiding claims
- Tips for upholding a behaviour policy
- Defending claims
Trish is a Legal Director in the Litigation & Dispute Resolution and Commercial team in Cardiff. She acts for public, private or regulatory bodies advising on public law and education law.
Joanna is a Legal Director in the Litigation & Dispute Resolution team in Cardiff specialising in special educational or additional learning needs.
Wednesday, 22 November 2023
10am – 11am