How to run a boardroom, directors' duties, disputes and mishaps
In this session we heard about:
- Accountability, transparency and security: best practice governance.
- Directors’ duties – legal duties and case studies.
- Ways to avoid boardroom disputes.
- Statutory registers – what really matters.
- Areas of risk arising from poor corporate governance.
An opportunity to network followed.
Coming up in The Legal Landscape Series
- 13 October: Investing and Growth
- 10 November: Succession Planning
- 8 December: Exiting – IPOs and MBOs
Dan is a Partner and Senior member of Blake Morgan’s Commercial Litigation team in Southampton dealing with a wide variety of disputes. Dan has specialist knowledge in company law, insolvency, insurance, debt recovery and contract law. His clients include many local businesses, insolvency practitioners from business advisory firms, large international insurance companies and their policyholders, and a number of banks.
Director at Avonglen
William is a Finance Director at Avonglen. He has over 40 years’ experience working with ambitious businesses in sectors including media, technology, medical and FMCG. Sharing his wealth of experience gained in both practice and industry, William has a very practical view on what really counts and what is often neglected by a business when it comes to statutory matters.
Thursday 15 September 2022
4.30pm – 6pm
Axis Conference Centre, Southampton Science Park,
3 Venture Road,
On registration, you will have the opportunity to donate to Southampton Science Park’s charity for 2022, Jane Scarth House. All monies raised go straight to this wonderful local cancer charity. We recommend a minimum donation of £5.