Blake Morgan launches today as Blake Lapthorn and Morgan Cole merge
Today, Blake Lapthorn and Morgan Cole formally merge to create Blake Morgan. The firm will have a combined annual turnover of £72 million, 120 partners, and a total workforce of approximately 900 spread across Southern England and Wales making it one of the Top 50 UK* law firms.
The merger brings an extended geographical presence for both firms as well as producing a greater depth of legal expertise across the sectors in which the firm operates. Blake Morgan will:
- have the largest team of professional regulatory lawyers in southern England and Wales
- advise 4 of the top 10 leading house builders in the UK
- work with 3 of the top 4 UK banks
- act for over 70 social housing providers across the UK
- be a leading health law firm acting for the NHS in England and Wales
- offer complementary services in areas of health and social care; charities and education; central, devolved and local government; professional regulatory; financial services; corporate; retail & leisure; social housing; and private client
Blake Morgan maintains the strong, commercial approach for which its legacy firms are known and its clients will continue to range from multi-national companies, owner-managed businesses, SMEs and government agencies to individuals and property owners.
The managing partner of Blake Morgan will be Walter Cha, formerly managing partner of Blake Lapthorn, and the Chief Operating Officer will be Elizabeth Carr, formerly managing partner of Morgan Cole. The Co-Chairs will be Stephen Murfitt and Bruce Potter, former chairs of Blake Lapthorn and Morgan Cole respectively.
Walter Cha, said “The merger provides a robust and sustainable platform for growth in a fast-changing legal environment. Blake Morgan will become a powerful competitive force across southern England and Wales. We will continue to look for investment opportunities especially in London and the Thames Valley so as to enable us to continue to develop a service offering that is relevant to our clients and the sectors that we operate in."
* Top 50 UK - Legal Business 100 (based on 2012/13 financials.)