Dan Geddes Senior Associate
“Dan has provided a first-class service to us and has always exceeded our expectations in relation to the advice given and in the speed of delivery following instruction. Dan and his team are always friendly and welcoming and are never too busy to take a call and/or answer any day to day queries that arise. This makes my job so much easier and assists the business no end. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Dan and his team.”
“I can only express positives about my engagement with Dan Geddes at Blake Morgan. Throughout the process Dan and his team were diligent and thorough, leaving no stone unturned. Above all, their ability to communicate proactively really made me feel at ease when my case at times was a little tricky. Thanks to all involved and for securing the result we were looking for.”
Dan is a Senior member of Commercial Litigation team in Southampton dealing with a wide variety of disputes. He has specialist knowledge in company law, insolvency, insurance, debt recovery and contract law.
Main areas of practice
- Commercial litigation
- Commercial disputes
Dan's clients include:
- Many local businesses and private individuals on and around the South Coast
- Insolvency practitioners from firms including RSM, Mazars, Quantuma, CVR, Smith & Williamson, Portland Business and Recovery Solutions;
- Large international insurance companies and their policyholders;
- A variety of banks, invoice discounters and factors, debt purchasers and motor/equipment finance companies;
- Advising and representing an international insurance company in relation to a dispute with one of its policyholders worth approximately £500,000
- Pursuing a claim on behalf of an insolvency practitioner against a former director of a business who had unlawfully removed funds from the company
- Advising a former director and shareholder of a high profile local business in relation to an alleged breach of warranty dispute arising from a shareholder agreement
- Advising a technology business on the recovery of a substantial debt owed to it by a cash-strapped customer
- Representing the liquidators of various companies in relation to claims against former directors arising from alleged tax fraud and director misfeasance
- Shareholder disputes
- Warranty disputes
- Breach of contract disputes
- Debt recovery
- Advice on directors' duties and director disqualification
“From the outset we were impressed by Dan's confident manner, immediate grasp of the facts and superb legal advice and guidance.”
“Meticulous, measured and incredibly knowledgeable...”
Related Knowledge & Resources
In the trial of an unfair prejudice petition, the High Court has found that the actions of the first respondent represented the clearest possible breach of directors' fiduciary and statutory duties. We take look in detail.
Protecting trade secrets and confidential information is crucial and what steps can employers take to prevent staff from misusing commercially-sensitive information?
With employers planning Christmas parties, or indeed any kind of "works do", we look at a case where the employer was held vicariously liable for an employee's actions when those at the office party moved on to another venue where a fight broke out.
Blake Morgan provides a helpful guide for Marinas and Boat Yards on recovering outstanding berthing fees.
Blake Morgan's guide to the restrictions on involvement with another business trading under the same or similar name, when going through insolvency procedures.
Blake Morgan provide a guide to the process of tenant insolvency