Manoj Styche-Patel Partner, Divisional Director Commercial Services
“He is pretty flexible about his approach and he recognises his clients' position.”
Manoj is the Divisional Director of Commercial Services and specialises in corporate and commercial matters.
Main areas of practice
He advises on mergers and acquisitions, MBOs, reorganisations and restructuring, LLP and partnership matters and general commercial arrangements. He is recognised by clients for his commercial awareness and his solution-driven approach, together with his easy going manner.
Manoj's leisure clients include public house chains, nightclubs, restaurants, health and fitness clubs and golf clubs.
Significant cases: he has recently advised:
- The shareholders of Icon Display (an international sports media business) on their sale to Chime Communications plc.
- David Lloyd Leisure on various key commercial arrangements and joint ventures.
- A major convenience store retailer on its acquisition programme.
- A private equity house in its investment into a substantial healthcare business.
- Orolia S.A., a defence sector company, on its acquisition of a UK specialist engineering/manufacturing business.
Manoj spent most of 2004 on secondment to the in-house legal department of Whitbread plc, one of the UK's leading leisure and hospitality companies. There he gained significant experience of the leisure industry and also an understanding of the client's perspective when dealing with lawyers.
Articles by Manoj
We have advised the founder and majority shareholder of the Coolmation group of businesses in the sale of the group to Swegon Limited, a subsidiary of Swegon AB.