Navpreet Atwal Legal Director
Navpreet is a Legal Director at Blake Morgan specialising in transactional matters across a broad range of construction and engineering projects from complex large-scale projects through to smaller scale developments.
Main areas of practice
Navpreet has extensive experience of drafting all major kinds of construction and engineering contracts including design and build, EPC, EPCM, construction management, consultancy and service agreements. Navpreet also advises in relation to tender documentation and the negotiation of contracts for major construction projects.
Navpreet advises owners, developers, contractors, consultants, private equity investors, and institutional lenders on projects in the UK and across the globe.
Real Estate and Real Estate Finance
- Acting for a private equity firm in relation to a c£60m construction loan for redevelopment works in London comprising of mixed-use real estate.
- Acting for a private equity firm in relation to a c£100m construction loan for a redevelopment in Knightsbridge.
- Acting for an Owner in relation to a $1.2bn development consisting of hotels, casinos, commercial centers and a residential complex in Oceania including advising on JV arrangements.
- Acting for a pension fund in relation to forward funding for the development of a hotel in London.
- Acting for a property developer advising on a JV arrangement for the construction of a football stadium and ancillary works.
- Acting for a Middle Eastern private equity fund providing construction due diligence advice relating to the £1 billion acquisition and financing of an office tower in London.
- Acting on behalf of a developer for the construction of a hotel and residential complex in Africa under the FIDIC terms on an EPC design and build basis.
- Acting for a high-net worth client on a c£40m re-development in Knightsbridge under the JCT form including advising the client in relation to construction loan financing.
Energy and Natural Resources
- Acting for a Russian client in relation to a new build nuclear power plant.
- Acting for an Employer in the Gulf region on the financing and construction of a $200m bitumen refinery including on advising on EPC and EPMC procurement approaches.
- Acting for an oil and gas company preparing tender documents for a AED 12m project involving the installation of new hybrid pipeline.
- Acting for a Kazakhstan oil and gas company on a $100m project for the development of a cargo route in the Caspian Sea.
- Acting for a Russian oil company in relation to a Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) facility.
- Acting for an Owner in relation to a $90m project developing, constructing and operating a 46.4MW hydropower generation facility located in Georgia.
- Acting for an Employer procuring services, plant and equipment for the construction of a mining facility in Africa. Advising the client on all aspects of the transaction including the mining contract, split EPC contract based on the FIDIC, supply contract based on the Model Form MF/2, off-take agreement and security documents.
- Acting for a Contractor advising on a Joint Venture Agreement (JVA) with local partners in Africa. Advising and negotiating terms on behalf of the Joint Venture for the construction of a major road infrastructure on an EPC basis.
Over recent years there has been a seismic shift in housing policy with the intention of finding a solution to plug the yawning gap left by a shortfall of homes. Build to Rent has been offered as a solution, we take a look at how this sector has evolved.
Related Knowledge & Resources
Chancellor announces changes to stamp duty land tax for first-time buyers but with no changes for the rest of the market
As had been hinted at over the weekend, in today's Autumn Budget, Phillip Hammond has announced changes to Stamp Duty Land Tax ("SDLT") to assist first time buyers to be known as "Discount Relief".
In this article, our expert explores this resourceful way to harness energy through battery storage facilities.
With fly-tipping on the increase, private landowners are becoming more concerned about their rights and responsibilities. Our expert discusses the remedies for private land owners as well as the preventive measures that can be taken.