Richard Jones Partner
“Has a flourishing reputation in the M&A market and regularly handles new money deals as well as distressed mandates.”
“Very professional and commercial.”
Richard is a partner in the corporate and commercial teams based primarily in our Cardiff office and is a member of our Business Support & Insolvency Team.
Main areas of practice
Richard deals with a broad range of corporate matters, including acquisitions, disposals, investments, shareholder and joint venture agreements and restructuring together with general corporate matters for a wide variety of clients including listed companies, venture-capital backed management teams, PLC’s, SME’s and owner-managed businesses.
He is experienced in advising insolvency practitioners – typically administrators - in connection with their appointment and the eventual sale of insolvent businesses.
Richard has acted for a variety of institutional clients including banks and private equity investors on range of transactions from start-up investments to acquisition finance and development capital.
- Advising clients on various corporate matters, including shareholders agreements, joint venture agreements, share option schemes, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, group restructuring exercises and providing advice to directors relating to Companies Act formalities and directors’ duties.
- Advising Dutch tyre dealer and motor services group, Alwaysbemobile in relation to a joint venture with UK independent tyre dealer, Tyrenet UK, to introduce a leading European tyre dealer brand ‘Profile Tyrecentre’ into the UK market.
- Advising global media group, Tinopolis, on various matters including the acquisitions of Firecracker Films, Passion Distribution and Pioneer Productions Group.
- Advising the management team of Target Group in relation to the management buyout backed by RBS Capital.
- Advising Swansea based engineering business, Hydratech, in connection with debt and equity investment from Tata Steel subsidiary, UK Steel Enterprises.
- Acted for a start-up company in securing seed capital funding from Finance Wales Investments and other angel investors in connection with the opening of an indoor climbing centre in Cardiff.
Administration and Insolvency matters:
- Advising the Administrators of a large national independent motorcycle dealership, including the sale of the business as a going concern, dealing with suppliers and retention of title issues.
- Advising the Administrators of a national chartered surveyor group, including running concurrent negotiations to sell the business as a going concern and dealing with issues surrounding the administration and sale of foreign subsidiary entities.
Articles by Richard
We advised the owners of Tracesmart Group Limited on the recent sale of the entire issued share capital to LexisNexis Risk Solutions UK Limited.
Blake Morgan’s Corporate team advises B.A. Cash & Carry (Cardiff) Limited on its sale to A.F. Blakemore & Son Limited.
Related Knowledge & Resources
The story of litigation funding has had many twists and turns and, whilst the majority of the new law in this area has supported third party funding as a risk management tool that gives access to justice, the funders have not had it all their own way.
New Corporate Governance rules from January this year affect not just quoted companies, but companies with more than 250 employees, with an increased requirement for directors to report on on a variety of matters.
With "Brexit Day", 29 March 2019, drawing immediately close without any sign of deal, we take a look at what a no-deal Brexit would mean for insolvency practitioners.
Blake Morgan's guide to the restrictions on involvement with another business trading under the same or similar name, when going through insolvency procedures.
Blake Morgan provide a guide to the process of tenant insolvency