Victoria is an Associate Solicitor in our Social Housing Team based in Cardiff.
Main areas of practice
Victoria has extensive experience working with large national developers and Housing Associations, dealing with all aspects of residential property sales, purchases and finance.
She is experienced in completing Right to Buy, Equity Release transactions and Shared Ownership purchases and resales.
An experienced manager, dedicated to meeting client expectations and deadlines, Victoria is actively involved in networking, marketing, business development and tenders.
Victoria has worked with large national developers in the region as well as working with smaller local developers, and housing associations acquiring and selling shared ownership properties.
She has experience in dealing with volume purchases, plot sales and refinance for main high street lenders as well as acting for commercial and more bespoke lenders.
She has also dealt with all aspects of domestic conveyancing and worked on a large number of new build developments in South Wales and the South West over the last 15 years. Victoria has worked with most of the country’s major house builders and helped them meet their annual and monthly targets by managing teams dedicated to achieving their deadlines and establishing strong relationships with their internal teams.
Victoria has considerable experience in domestic conveyancing and complex property matters, undertaking high value residential transactions across the country, including residential lease extensions and associated matters, together with option agreements, overage clauses and Transfers of Part.
She has managed a large volume re-mortgage department and primarily focussed on putting client needs first and establishing strong commercial relationships with lenders, agents, sales teams, housing associations, housing developers and Help to Buy.
After completing the LPC at Cardiff University, Victoria qualified as a Solicitor in 2008 having undertaken a training contract with a nationally recognised Legal 500 firm. Following qualification, she became head of a successful small team within the firm dedicated to dealing with new build developer transactions acting for national developers and individual purchasers as an Assistant Solicitor.
She went on to become Branch Manager of a branch office for the firm for several years before moving to a large national firm as a Senior Manager of a volume remortgage department.
Victoria joined a prestigious Commercial firm in Cardiff in 2012 with the task of building a residential conveyancing team. Having successfully achieved this, she became Head of Conveyancing in 2013. She went on to build the department into an established and respected force in South Wales and the South West of England and became an Associate Director in 2014 until the firm merged with an international law firm and ABS in 2018.
- Senior Management of a volume remortgage department for a large law firm and assisting several mainstream high street lenders
- Establishing and managing a volume residential conveyancing department. Implementing, designing and writing a paperless case management system, streamlining processes and enhancing client experience
- Tendering and securing the contract to act for purchasers of the prestigious David Morgan Apartments in the centre of Cardiff; and implementing the simultaneous reservation and exchange of contracts for all 56 apartments on the day of release
- Assisting in round table discussions with Help to Buy Wales in their initial set up and subsequent implementation of the scheme achieving Help to Buy accreditation acting on behalf of individual purchasers and developer clients
- Director level experience in a medium-sized firm as Head of Residential Conveyancing and dealing with all compliance and panel management aspects achieving CQS and Lexcel standard
- Individually tendering and winning a contract to act for a local housing association for the private sales of a large, city centre, Leasehold development