Pensions - employee benefits
Attracting the right staff is an essential ingredient for the growth and development of any organisation. Attracting and retaining the staff you want depends in large part on having the right mix of pay, incentive and employee benefits.
Prevention is better than a cure. We can make sure all aspects of your pay and benefit arrangements, including your employment contracts, director's service contracts, handbooks and policies are accurate and meet all legal requirements, which in turn means that you can help your employees understand fully their pay and benefits and the terms and conditions of them.
Blake Morgan's employment and employee benefits team has experience in advising on a wide range of issues affecting all types of pay, incentives and benefits:
- pay - including contractual terms and service contracts, equal pay, handbooks;
- pensions – trust, master trust and contract based arrangements – advice, documentation, member communications, training and independent trusteeship;
- auto enrolment requirements
- life assurance – establishing and running them in the most tax effective way
- short and long term sickness absence arrangements – documentation and legal and operational advice for insured and self insured schemes - making sure that the arrangements dovetail correctly, ensuring that there are no gaps between the promised benefit and any insurance underwriting it;-
- private medical benefits – including contractual terms and compatibility with provider's terms, establishing self insured trusts, etc;
- salary sacrifice – what it can be used for, how it works, effective documentation for tax and NI saving – advice, communications and consent forms, etc;
- flexible benefit arrangements – how to structure so that it is effective for tax, NI and contract purposes
- Incentive schemes - including employee share schemes and employee benefit trusts – advice and documentation.