Blake Morgan Event: Build to Rent – 'Design to Delivery'
We are delighted to invite you to our latest 'Developing Connections' event focused on the real estate market looking at the rapidly evolving Build to Rent (BTR) sector.
Build to Rent is favoured in the draft London Plan as having a potential role to play in accelerating the delivery of new housing and assisting in meeting the Mayor of London's ambitious target of 66,000 new homes a year. Build to Rent is not just being hailed as a possible solution to the housing crisis in London but is gathering popularity across the UK.
Unlike traditional for-sale schemes the income stream for Build to Rent is a long term investment and tends to require a highly bespoke approach to design and planning. As a result, there is no single typology that can be relied upon and innovation is often the key to success.
Chaired by Blake Morgan's Planning Partner Sara Hanrahan, we will be joined by key speakers across the industry looking at the changing shape of the market and the latest thinking driving construction and quality design.
Lawrence Bowles, Senior Analyst at Savills - 'The Rise and Rise of Build to Rent' will explore:
- The demographic and economic factors driving rental demand
- Barriers to buy-to-let
- Build to Rent's role in solving the housing crisis
Paul Rogers, Studio Director at Whittam Cox Architects - 'Evolution not Revolution' will look at:
- Context - exploring the design evolution of the traditional residential asset class to a more diverse alternative asset class
- Detail - what’s in the box? Exploring the elements that can be included to enable developments to appeal to a wide demographic, mindful of the long term and constantly evolving operational challenges
David Oakey, Associate Director at Cast Consultancy - ‘The Revolution is Coming…an opportunity to do something different’ will look at:
- Business as usual challenges
- Key challenges in delivery of Build to Rent schemes
- Design for manufacture and assembly
- Integrated procurement
We do hope you are able to join us to hear top insights on this rapidly changing sector. Please click on the RSVP link above to register your place.
- 23 May 2018
- Blake Morgan - London
- Wednesday 23 May 2018
8.30 am - Registration, breakfast and networking
9.00 am - Presentation
9.45 am - Q&A
10.00 am - Coffee and networking
10.30 am - Finish
6 New Street Square