Lee Fisher Partner
“Lee Fisher is noted for his expertise in handling shareholder disputes.”
“Great to work with and very bright.”
Lee is a partner in our Commercial Litigation team based in Cardiff and heads the firms Intellectual Property practice in Wales.
Main areas of practice
Lee has gained a wide range of experience in commercial disputes and in particular those involving a high degree of complexity or requiring urgent pre-emptive relief. He has significant experience of contractual claims, shareholder disputes and post-completion disputes.
He also advises extensively on intellectual property covering both contentious and non-contentious advice including the identification, protection, commercialisation and enforcement of the full range of registered and unregistered intellectual property rights.
Lee is a fully accredited and practising mediator for Commercial and IP disputes.
- Advising the UK subsidiary of a prestige cosmetic company on comparative advertising and gaining an interim injunction to prevent publication of an advertisement (due to be circulated to 2 million customers).
- Successfully acting for the majority shareholders of a renewable energy company specialising in wind and solar energy in relation to unfair prejudice proceedings brought by a minority shareholder. The claim was dismissed by the High Court and permission refused by the Court of Appeal.
- Acting on behalf of a services provider in relation to a multi-million pound claim brought by a government body. The claim involved many highly complex and interconnected issues of law and fact. The claim settled on confidential terms during the first week of a projected six week trial.
- Gaining injunctive relief on behalf of a UK based global aviation business against a former employee suspected of criminal behaviour.
- Acting on behalf of a UK based international company against a competitor company where a former employee had provided a significant amount of confidential information unlawfully downloaded from the key account database. Following the securing of an urgent injunction the claim settled on confidential terms favourable to our client.
- Gaining urgent injunctions to gain access to, and block use of, private e-mail accounts operated by an individual suspected of significant intellectual property infringements and obtaining interim injunctions on return date.
“Sources say that he has a "very commercial" approach and that he gives "sound technical advice.”
Related Knowledge & Resources
Our expert explains the Director Disqualification Act and what happens if a disqualified director doesn't apply with the Act.
IPO report states increase in illegal streaming devices as one of the emerging themes surrounding digital copyright infringement
A new report has cited illegal streaming devices as one of the biggest challenges for leading intellectual property protection organisations. Here, our expert explains the steps that are being taken to combat digital copyright infringement.
A report by the European Commission on EU customs enforcement of intellectual property rights provides an insight into the scope and extent of intellectual property rights infringement in the EU. Our expert explains the report.
Blake Morgan provides a helpful guide for Marinas and Boat Yards on recovering outstanding berthing fees.
Blake Morgan's complete guide to Defamation claims - what you should know when thinking of bringing a claim of reputation damage.
The complete guide to Intellectual Property Services that Blake Morgan can provide.