Lee Fisher Partner
“Lee is an extremely able IP litigator. ”
“Lee Fisher is noted for his expertise in handling shareholder disputes.”
Lee is a partner in our Commercial Litigation team based in Cardiff and heads the firms Intellectual Property practice in Wales.
Main areas of practice
Lee has gained a wide range of experience in commercial disputes and in particular those involving a high degree of complexity or requiring urgent pre-emptive relief. He has significant experience of contractual claims, shareholder disputes, post-completion disputes and professional negligence claims.
He also advises extensively on intellectual property covering both contentious and non-contentious advice including the identification, protection, commercialisation and enforcement of the full range of registered and unregistered intellectual property rights.
Lee is a fully accredited and practising mediator for Commercial and IP disputes.
- Advising the UK subsidiary of a prestige cosmetic company on comparative advertising and gaining an interim injunction to prevent publication of an advertisement (due to be circulated to 2 million customers).
- Successfully acting for the majority shareholders of a renewable energy company specialising in wind and solar energy in relation to unfair prejudice proceedings brought by a minority shareholder. The claim was dismissed by the High Court and permission refused by the Court of Appeal.
- Acting on behalf of a services provider in relation to a multi-million pound claim brought by a government body. The claim involved many highly complex and interconnected issues of law and fact. The claim settled on confidential terms during the first week of a projected six week trial.
- Gaining injunctive relief on behalf of a UK based global aviation business against a former employee suspected of criminal behaviour.
- Acting on behalf of a UK based international company against a competitor company where a former employee had provided a significant amount of confidential information unlawfully downloaded from the key account database. Following the securing of an urgent injunction the claim settled on confidential terms favourable to our client.
- Gaining urgent injunctions to gain access to, and block use of, private e-mail accounts operated by an individual suspected of significant intellectual property infringements and obtaining interim injunctions on return date.
- Securing significant damages on behalf of a charitable trust in an action against its accountants and auditors in relation to incorrect VAT advice provided over a period of 10 years.
- Acting in relation to two connected multi-million pound claims arising from a long term services contract with a minimum commitment, one against the other contracting party relating to early termination and the measure of damages payable and a related professional negligence claim against the solicitors who drafted the original contract.
Related Knowledge & Resources
After consulting on changes to patent fees last year, the UK's Intellectual Property Office ('the IPO') has now confirmed that UK patent fees will increase as of 6 April 2018...
Non-compete clause unenforceable as it included a restriction on holding a minor shareholding in a competing business
Restrictive covenants are a useful tool for employers to protect their competitive edge and to reduce the risk of 'star employees' leaving to join competitors.However, failure to draft them carefully can leave both employer and employee in limbo.
A High Court master has recently given extensive guidance in the case of Dring v Cape Distribution Ltd and others  on the right of an interested non-party to access court documents.
Blake Morgan provides a helpful guide for Marinas and Boat Yards on recovering outstanding berthing fees.
Blake Morgan's complete guide to Defamation claims - what you should know when thinking of bringing a claim of reputation damage.
The complete guide to Intellectual Property Services that Blake Morgan can provide.