Lee Fisher Partner
“Great to work with and very bright.”
Lee is a partner in our Commercial Litigation team based in Cardiff.
Main areas of practice
Lee has a wide range of experience in commercial disputes and in particular those arising from the use of new technology.
He provides specialist advice to a range of public and private sector clients on high value disputes and those with a particularly complex or difficult nature.
Lee is also the leading expert in Wales on alternative funding models for Commercial litigation having launched the firm’s CalcuLit product and brokered Wales’ first delegated authority for After the Event Insurance.
- Securing an injunction on behalf of a Local Health Board against a former employee to prevent him misusing confidential information and patient records. Also gaining disclosure of information related to potential misuse of the information by third parties. The case has involved working closely with the client to manage the publicity arising from the case and to manage the interests of a number of interested parties.
- Acting on behalf of two connected public bodies in relation to fraudulent claims made by, and subsequent payments to, a services provider. The claim was valued at in excess of £1 million and the majority of the money was recovered through negotiation prior to the issue of proceedings.
- Acting on behalf of a Local Health Board in a test case issued by a consultant relating to the interpretation of holiday clauses in employment contracts, the result of which has a potential affect on a number of consultants employed by the NHS in Wales.
- Acting on behalf of a services provider in relation to a multi-million pound claim brought by a government body. The claim involves many highly complex and interconnected issues of law and fact which remain confidential at the present time.
- Acting for on a test case brought arising from sales made to Gwent Fleet Management Limited who were involved in a multi-million pound fraud. Proceedings were brought by a finance house against a car dealer. Morgan Cole acted on the successful appeal of the first instance decision which set a precedent for other companies within our client’s group as well as the industry as a whole (Family Finance -v- J D Cleverley Limited).
“Sources say that he has a "very commercial" approach and that he gives "sound technical advice.”
“Lee Fisher focuses on contractual disputes, and has a loyal client following.”
Articles by Lee
Last Wednesday, 1st October, legislative changes came into force which in the words of the IP Minister, Baroness Neville-Rolfe, would “bring our IP laws into the 21st Century”.
Related Knowledge & Resources
Ben Evans comments on a case where a partner in a firm of solicitors sought to prevent her former firm from continuing to use her name, both as part of the firm's name and also as part of a profile for her on their website.
Since the introduction of the Regulations, there has been considerable uncertainty as to whether transactions involving computer software can be categorised as "sale of goods" for the purposes of the Regulations. The position has now been clarified.
In the matter of The Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy v Rosenblatt  EWHC 2821.
Blake Morgan provides a helpful guide for Marinas and Boat Yards on recovering outstanding berthing fees.
Blake Morgan's complete guide to Defamation claims - what you should know when thinking of bringing a claim of reputation damage.
The complete guide to Intellectual Property Services that Blake Morgan can provide.