Lee Fisher Partner
“Lee is an extremely able IP litigator. ”
“Lee Fisher is noted for his expertise in handling shareholder disputes.”
Lee is a partner in our Commercial Litigation team based in Cardiff and heads the firms Intellectual Property practice in Wales.
Main areas of practice
Lee has gained a wide range of experience in commercial disputes and in particular those involving a high degree of complexity or requiring urgent pre-emptive relief. He has significant experience of contractual claims, shareholder disputes, post-completion disputes and professional negligence claims.
He also advises extensively on intellectual property covering both contentious and non-contentious advice including the identification, protection, commercialisation and enforcement of the full range of registered and unregistered intellectual property rights.
Lee is a fully accredited and practising mediator for Commercial and IP disputes.
- Advising the UK subsidiary of a prestige cosmetic company on comparative advertising and gaining an interim injunction to prevent publication of an advertisement (due to be circulated to 2 million customers).
- Successfully acting for the majority shareholders of a renewable energy company specialising in wind and solar energy in relation to unfair prejudice proceedings brought by a minority shareholder. The claim was dismissed by the High Court and permission refused by the Court of Appeal.
- Acting on behalf of a services provider in relation to a multi-million pound claim brought by a government body. The claim involved many highly complex and interconnected issues of law and fact. The claim settled on confidential terms during the first week of a projected six week trial.
- Gaining injunctive relief on behalf of a UK based global aviation business against a former employee suspected of criminal behaviour.
- Acting on behalf of a UK based international company against a competitor company where a former employee had provided a significant amount of confidential information unlawfully downloaded from the key account database. Following the securing of an urgent injunction the claim settled on confidential terms favourable to our client.
- Gaining urgent injunctions to gain access to, and block use of, private e-mail accounts operated by an individual suspected of significant intellectual property infringements and obtaining interim injunctions on return date.
- Securing significant damages on behalf of a charitable trust in an action against its accountants and auditors in relation to incorrect VAT advice provided over a period of 10 years.
- Acting in relation to two connected multi-million pound claims arising from a long term services contract with a minimum commitment, one against the other contracting party relating to early termination and the measure of damages payable and a related professional negligence claim against the solicitors who drafted the original contract.
Related Knowledge & Resources
With employers planning Christmas parties, or indeed any kind of "works do", we look at a case where the employer was held vicariously liable for an employee's actions when those at the office party moved on to another venue where a fight broke out.
Consent and Direct Marketing: What is informed consent in the UK? The decision of the First-tier Tribunal in Xerpla Ltd v The Information Commissioner
In this article, our expert Simon Stokes looks at what is informed consent in the UK in relation to the decision of the First-tier Tribunal in Xerpla Ltd v The Information Commissioner.
After consulting on changes to patent fees last year, the UK's Intellectual Property Office ('the IPO') has now confirmed that UK patent fees will increase as of 6 April 2018...
Blake Morgan provides a helpful guide for Marinas and Boat Yards on recovering outstanding berthing fees.
Blake Morgan's complete guide to Defamation claims - what you should know when thinking of bringing a claim of reputation damage.
The complete guide to Intellectual Property Services that Blake Morgan can provide.