Very thorough and efficient.
Alison leads the firm’s Oxford Wills Team. She has specialised in drafting Wills for over 15 years.
Main areas of practice
Alison is happy to meet with you to review your existing Will or to make a new one. She advises clients on the best structure for their Wills to ensure that their assets pass as they wish to family, loved ones and charities in a tax efficient manner.
In addition Alison advises on lifetime inheritance tax and capital gains tax planning. She also prepares and registers powers of attorney.
Alison can also advise when a loved one dies on getting a Grant of Probate and help with the administration of their estate
Alison’s clients range from local clients to lottery winners, entrepreneurs and business owners.
- Alison’s graduated with a first class honours degree in 1999 and was awarded the Bramall Allen’s prize.
- She completed the Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice at the University of Oxford and Oxford Brookes University, achieving a Distinction.
- From 2002 to 2004 she trained to be a solicitor, qualifying in 2004 in the Tax and Financial Planning Team of Boodle Hatfield, a first tier law firm, in London’s Mayfair, whose client base consists of high net worth individuals. She worked there for 5 years before joining Blake Morgan in 2007.
- Full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) since 2008. She passed the STEP exams with Distinction and was awarded the STEP Administration of Estates Student of the Year Award in 2007
- Member of the Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE) since 2009
- Chartered Institute of Tax Advisors (CITA) Inheritance Tax, Trusts and Estates
- Dementia Friend and on the Alzheimer's Research UK list of solicitors with experience of clients affected by dementia
- On the panel of professional advisers for Mencap
- On the panel of recommended solicitors for the Spinal Injuries Association
- Alison has presented at Mencap’s conferences on Trusts for Disabled People and been interviewed on BBC Radio Oxford.
- Alison has had a number or articles published in leading journals including the Trusts and Estates Law and Tax Journal, the Family Law Journal and the Law Society Journal.
- In her spare time she is a member of the Eynsham Running Club and is currently training for her third Abingdon Marathon.
On behalf of my sister and I, we thank you for the fast and extremely efficient way you dealt with our late father's estate. In every respect we were totally satisfied with the professional service you provided.
Many thanks for the help, guidance and patience you have shown me during my prolonged decisions about my will.
The high level of service from Alison Craggs.
Insights by Alison
The cohabiting family is the second largest family type in the UK, representing 3.3 million families, and growing. But this popular form of family type suffers from a legislative gap...Read More
Inheritance tax (IHT) was originally intended as a tax on the wealthiest, but last year the Revenue claimed £5.2 billion in IHT, 60% more than five years ago. One of...Read More