Daniel is a Partner in the Real Estate team based in Southampton and specialises in residential development, property finance and corporate support.
Main areas of practice
Daniel’s work involves advising national and regional residential developers. He advises lenders on the real estate aspects of large-scale acquisitions and lending transactions and also assists corporate clients with the property aspects of corporate acquisitions and disposals. He also advises care operators and NHS Trusts in respect of a wide range of care and health related transactions.
Daniel advises clients including residential and commercial developers, housing associations, local authorities, lending institutions, large corporates and HNWIs.
- Family Businesses
- Corporate/Owner Occupier
- Health and Social Care Funding Disputes
- Social Housing
- Association of Property and Fixed Charge Receivers (NARA)
- Acting for the shareholders of David Lloyd Leisure in producing CoTs as part of the disposal of David Lloyd Leisure to TDR Capital. The team produced a total of 80 CoTs for the David Lloyd Leisure property portfolio. The transaction had a value in excess of £750 million.
- Acting on the sale of the Casterbridge Nurseries group to Bright Horizons Family Solutions (now listed on the NYSE), a controlled auction process advised by Rothschild. As part of the sale process 30 CoTs were produced.
- Acting on the leveraged buy in and management buy out of a group of companies running special needs schools. As part of the process 14 CoTs were produced. The enterprise value of the group was £70 million
- Acting for the funders on a 10-figure refinancing in the health and care sector, completed in 10 weeks. As part of the process the team reviewed, negotiated and produced a detailed master report on 161 CoTs, managing the input from lawyers in Scotland and Jersey on 21 of those properties.
Insolvency: Daniel acts for administrators, liquidators and receivers, disposing of property assets for insolvent companies and bankrupt individuals, as well as acquiring properties for clients from insolvency practitioners.
Insights by Daniel
Back in November 2020, amidst the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, Blake Morgan and the Southern Policy Centre launched a report which explored the future of the central south's city...Read More
Last week (20 November) Blake Morgan and the Southern Policy Centre launched their research report exploring the future of the central South’s city centres.Read More