David is a Litigation and Dispute Resolution Solicitor based in our Cardiff office and specialising in a broad range of contentious civil and commercial matters.
Main areas of practice
David advises primarily on disputes and risk management issues for clients from both the private and public sector. David helps clients to achieve appropriate outcomes when faced with a dispute, whether from a breakdown of a relationship, breach of contract or otherwise including pre-action, threatened or impending litigation and active court proceedings.
David’s practice has focused on commercial contract, intellectual property and general commercial dispute resolution, though David also has burgeoning experience in public law matters and procurement challenges.
David’s clients range from individual sole traders to PLCs and large public bodies – which represents the fact that a dispute scenario can arise in many differing situations for clients of all sizes.
- Resolving Disputes
- Employee Non-Compete and Confidentiality
- Intellectual Property
- IP Disputes
- Public Procurement
David graduated from Cardiff University (LLB) in 2006 and Cardiff University Centre for Professional Legal Studies (LPC) in 2010. David trained at a large regional law firm and qualified as a Commercial Dispute Resolution Solicitor in September 2013.
David continued in this role until May 2017, when he spent a brief period as In-House Legal Counsel at GoCompare, before joining Blake Morgan as a Senior Solicitor in November 2017.
- Advised large international manufacturer and wholesaler in relation to claims of breach of contract and breach of confidence in urgent circumstances, successfully avoiding injunctive proceedings by consent.
- Advised and successfully settled a trademark infringement and passing off claim issued in the High Court against an independent shop owner and tradesman.
- Assisted and advised on high-value commercial contract claims in the High Court and Cardiff Business Courts, including detailed mediation proceedings.
- Advised and successfully settled complex tri-partite unregistered design right claims against a large manufacturing client, including favourable settlement of a complicated and multifaceted costs position.
- Negotiated the settlement of a debt recovery issue for a national client in particularly difficult and entrenched circumstances.
- Provided detailed intellectual property advice to a large University as well as guidance and advice in successfully settling the related claim for infringement of intellectual property rights.
Insights by David
A brief overview of certain changes in the Court's administration of justice at hearings as a result of the coronavirus outbreak. The impact of the global outbreak of the novel...Read More
In a recent unreported case in the County Court at Central London (Sajid v Nuur, 30 July 2018), a claimant (landlord) had brought a claim against a defendant (a former...Read More