Dominic specialises in construction and engineering contracts and related disputes. He advises on all stages of the construction project cycle, in particular contract negotiation and administration, dispute avoidance and dispute resolution.
Main areas of practice
Dominic provides a whole of life service on construction and engineering projects. He advises on procurement routes and is regularly involved in negotiating and drafting the full suite of construction and EPC documentation (using JCT, NEC, FIDIC, PPC2000 and IChemE forms as well as bespoke arrangements). He also handles construction disputes, through commercial negotiation as well as adjudication, mediation, litigation and arbitration.
Dominic’s clients include owners, developers and funders as well as contractors, professional consultants and suppliers. He advises public and private sector clients across a range of sectors, including commercial and residential property, energy and infrastructure, defence, and non-profit (schools, colleges, sports clubs and trusts).
Dominic’s recent experience includes advising:
- a property developer on construction arrangements and contract administration in relation to a major central London mixed-use commercial, retail and residential project (including funder interface)
- a forward purchaser in relation to contractual rights and protections in the context of a multi-stakeholder development on London’s South Bank
- the employer in relation to the main contract for the redevelopment of No.1 Court at Wimbledon
- a UK contractor in respect of EPC arrangements for a potential CNG-fuelled facility in Panama
- an international investment bank on the redevelopment of its London headquarters
- the University of Oxford in relation to construction aspects of a cutting-edge and technically complex cancer treatment and research facility;
- the employer in relation to a construction adjudication regarding the interpretation of payment provisions in a pre-construction services agreement, and follow-on Part 8 proceedings in the High Court
- a Caribbean public utility in defending arbitration proceedings (ICC and ad hoc) under a series of downstream gas purchase agreements
- a Korean contractor in disputes concerning programme and costs issues in relation to a refinery project in Saudi Arabia
- a multinational contractor in relation to a dispute with lenders on a toll road concession in Jamaica
the employer in relation to contract administration and dispute avoidance under an EPC contract for a hydro-cracker plant in Egypt; and
- the London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games in relation to delay and valuation disputes arising with a key contractor for the London Olympics.
Dominic also advises in relation to public procurement, commercial disputes and compliance matters.
Insights by Dominic
The ultimate trajectory of COVID-19 in the UK remains uncertain, at the time of writing, the government anticipates it will "spread in a significant way" – and supply chain issues...Read More